Author Topic: Jimmy Carter undergoes surgery after breaking hip  (Read 452 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jimmy Carter undergoes surgery after breaking hip
« on: May 13, 2019, 10:40:56 pm »
Jimmy Carter undergoes surgery after breaking hip
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

ATLANTA — Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter broke his hip Monday at his Georgia home, underwent surgery and was recovering comfortably, a spokeswoman for the Carter Center said.

Carter was on his way to go turkey hunting, the spokeswoman, Deanna Congileo, said in a statement. She said that he was treated in Americus, Georgia, near his home in Plains, and that his wife, Rosalynn, was with him.

In the statement, Congileo said: “President Carter said his main concern is that turkey season ends this week, and he has not reached his limit. He hopes the State of Georgia will allow him to rollover the unused limit to next year.”

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/13/jimmy-carter-surgery-1318899

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Jimmy Carter undergoes surgery after breaking hip
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:51:13 am »
It's almost over now.  If he lasts another year I would be surprised.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Jimmy Carter undergoes surgery after breaking hip
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:06:04 pm »
Hip surgery is not as big a deal these days. My mother broke her hip and was too scared to stand after that. She lasted 2 years.
Countdown to Resignation