Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez Walks Back Claim on World Ending in 12 years  (Read 785 times)

rangerrebew

Ocasio-Cortez Walks Back Claim on World Ending in 12 years

Posted By Cameron Cawthorne On May 12, 2019 @ 4:22 pm

Freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D., N.Y.) on Sunday attempted to downplay her claim that the world will end in 12 years unless Congress acts on climate change by mocking Republicans and saying, "You’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal."

"This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and ‘fact check it," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. "Like the ‘world ending in 12 years' thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/ocasio-cortez-walks-back-claim-on-world-ending-in-12-years/print/

rangerrebew

Re: Ocasio-Cortez Walks Back Claim on World Ending in 12 years
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 11:37:07 am »
She can't even get her walk back correct.  The only people I remember buying  into her nonsense were liberals - democrat POTUS candidates, Hollyweird, and everyday leftist whackos. :MiniGun:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 03:46:02 pm »
Why anyone would listen to one word of this bartender is perplexing.  She brings nothing to the table....nothing.

However, I hope she and Pelosi are two Dems that stick around for a long time, because they do more to generate votes for Republicans than Republicans.

I believe we need to amend the Constitution.  We should have a mandatory balanced budget because Congress is good at spending other people's money, we should have TERM LIMITS, because too many of them get there, stay there to line their pockets, and they never leave, and we need to end all the golden parachute nonsense for politicians.  No pension, let them contribute to a 401k like everyone else.  An individual serves five years and they are entitled to a lifetime salary, makes no sense to me.  Until Congress begins to manage the funds properly in Congress, they should be faced with defined limits for spending.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 04:10:49 pm »
AOC is a gift that keeps on giving.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 09:41:31 pm »
Good thing we still have Beto letting us know that the world is going to end in 12 years, if we don't address climate change!  Why the 12 years?  Why not 10 or 15??  Why does 12 seem to be the magic number of doomsday? :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:18 am »
"Walks back a claim" used to be called "Admit to a lie".
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 04:08:36 pm »
I find the Democommies boring, but these nutjobs running around are entertaining.  I never imagined politicians could be this stupid and people would actually vote for them.  Again, it is not just the stupidity of the politicians I am concerned about, but the utter idiocy of the electorate.

There was a movie a few years back called Idiocracy, and a friend of mine nagged me until I saw it.  It was a relative true portrayal of the electorate of today.  Dumb is good, and dumber is better in the movie, and I think the USA has gotten there!  Sad really.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 04:20:54 pm »
I find the Democommies boring, but these nutjobs running around are entertaining.  I never imagined politicians could be this stupid and people would actually vote for them.  Again, it is not just the stupidity of the politicians I am concerned about, but the utter idiocy of the electorate.

There was a movie a few years back called Idiocracy, and a friend of mine nagged me until I saw it.  It was a relative true portrayal of the electorate of today.  Dumb is good, and dumber is better in the movie, and I think the USA has gotten there!  Sad really.

It's almost as if Trump is paying them to do this.