Author Topic: Rand Paul: Trump Jr. subpoena a 'real travesty of justice'  (Read 466 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rand Paul: Trump Jr. subpoena a 'real travesty of justice'
The Hill, May 12, 2019

Sen. Rand Paul  (R-Ky.) slammed the Senate Intelligence Committee for subpoenaing Donald Trump Jr. for further testimony in its investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, suggesting it could end up being a perjury trap.

“I think it’s a real travesty of justice. I think it’s very unfair to the president and the president‘s family on this. Mueller spend $35 million and two years, and the president was cleared. For the Senate to be calling up the president’s son and putting him in jeopardy by bringing him in and grilling him… I think it’s really a tragedy,” Paul said Sunday on John Catsimatidis’ radio show.

“This is not a friendly maneuver. This is an adversarial maneuver to bring him in under oath. And the Democrats will try to trip him up and get him to make some kind of mistake. From a Democrat perspective this is a chance to go after the Trump family and try to trick them into some kind of misstatement that then [Trump Jr.] is prosecuted for,” he added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/443252-rand-paul-trump-jr-subpoena-a-real-travesty-of-justice

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Rand Paul: Trump Jr. subpoena a 'real travesty of justice'
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 12:23:51 pm »
Where are the rest of the republican voices on this?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Rand Paul: Trump Jr. subpoena a 'real travesty of justice'
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 04:54:16 pm »
I don't follow a whole lot of Republicans, @Right_in_Virginia, but I do see a lot of outspoken ones:

Ted Cruz Retweeted
Twitchy Team
‏Verified account @TwitchyTeam
16h16 hours ago

‘Irony much?’ Sen. Ted Cruz challenges Dems to replace ‘Biden’ with ‘Trump’ in POLITICO’s tweet

Ted Cruz
‏Verified account @tedcruz
21h21 hours ago

Ted Cruz Retweeted Ronald Klain

Ok, since D talking points change with the weather, y’all’s current position is that “the FBI” made the decision?  So it would be different if Lynch signed off?  Brennan?  Biden?  Obama?  Or do you not care which political operatives may have ordered the surveillance of the GOP?

Tweets

Tweets Tweets, current page. Tweets & replies Media

Pinned Tweet
    Ted Cruz
    Feb 20

This is a simple, common-sense idea.

Let's get to work: https://action.tedcruz.org/el-chapo/
1,304 replies 1,638 retweets 4,115 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
Twitchy Team
16h16 hours ago

‘Irony much?’ Sen. Ted Cruz challenges Dems to replace ‘Biden’ with ‘Trump’ in POLITICO’s tweet
30 replies 90 retweets 365 likes
Ted Cruz
21h21 hours ago

Ok, since D talking points change with the weather, y’all’s current position is that “the FBI” made the decision?  So it would be different if Lynch signed off?  Brennan?  Biden?  Obama?  Or do you not care which political operatives may have ordered the surveillance of the GOP?

Ted Cruz added,
Ronald Klain
Verified account @RonaldKlain
Seriously?  You don’t get the difference between the FBI launching a counter- intelligence investigation, and a President ordering DOJ to investigate his opponent?  Did you go to class while you were in law school?

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1127264074339901440 …
516 replies 1,371 retweets 3,819 likes
Ted Cruz
23h23 hours ago

Irony much?  Consider this exact tweet, with “Trump” replacing “Biden.”  That describes the exact state of affairs w/ the Obama Admin launching investigations on Trump. Did you ask these Qs then?  Have you since?  Why not? #LawEnforcementShouldntBePoliticized

Ted Cruz added,
Ronald Klain
Verified account @RonaldKlain
If he can do this to @JoeBiden, he can do this to any other Democrat.

If he can do this to any Democrat, he can do this to any Republican in Trump's way.…
5,590 replies 4,782 retweets 13,589 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
Jason Johnson
‏Verified account @jasonsjohnson
May 11

NEW:  "If Democrats refuse to act on the border, they're going to lose big in 2020"
My OpEd at @FoxNewsOpinion: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jason-johnson-dems-border-2020 …
#BorderCrisis #2020
92 replies 262 retweets 924 likes
Ted Cruz
May 10

Ted Cruz Retweeted Greg Abbott

Congrats, Audrey!

Ted Cruz added,
Greg Abbott
Verified account @GregAbbott_TX
Graduation time for my daughter! So proud of all she has achieved. The best is yet to come.
97 replies 316 retweets 3,699 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
Teresa Sprague
‏ @TVSprague
May 10

Teresa Sprague Retweeted “Whoever desires to #LoveLife

💗see 1Pt.3:8-22

Big Thank You to Senator Ted Cruz @SenTedCruz, Governor Mike Huckabee @GovMikeHuckabee, and Mr. Bill O'Reilly @BillOReilly. Please keep trying to get this passed....If you could let us know who is blocking the vote, perhaps we can help.

Teresa Sprague added,
“Whoever desires to #LoveLife
💗see 1Pt.3:8-22
 @DarleneHBrook
Replying to @GovMikeHuckabee @BillOReilly
If #KatesLaw passes it will be because @tedcruz never quit fighting for it.

#Conservatives #TeamworkWINS #TXSen …
30 replies 119 retweets 376 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
Twitchy Team
May 10

‘It’s almost like…’: Ted Cruz jabs MSM after spotting sudden shift in Beto O’Rourke coverage
25 replies 92 retweets 340 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
Sen. Dan Bishop
‏ @jdanbishop
May 10

Sen. Dan Bishop Retweeted Ted Cruz

Thank you, Sen. Cruz. I’m ready.

Sen. Dan Bishop added,
Ted Cruz
Verified account @tedcruz
I hope EVERYONE will join me today in supporting @jdanbishop with all we’ve got, so he can move on next Tuesday and win this key race in September: http://bit.ly/SupportBishop   #nc09 #ncpol
22 replies 87 retweets 403 likes
Ted Cruz
May 10

Ted Cruz Retweeted Washington Examiner

A brief moment of sanity.  Cal-Poly showing more reasonableness & tolerance than San Antonio City Council....

Ted Cruz added,
Washington Examiner
Verified account @dcexaminer
Despite the faculty governing body at California Polytechnic State University voting overwhelmingly to remove Chick-fil-A from campus, the university’s administration is pushing back.

…
129 replies 273 retweets 1,066 likes
Ted Cruz
May 10

Ted Cruz Retweeted David Rutz

Gosh, it’s almost like the media is rooting for a specific side....

Ted Cruz added,
David Rutz
Verified account @DavidRutz
When you're running against Ted Cruz vs. When you're running against other Democrats
340 replies 1,085 retweets 4,890 likes
Ted Cruz
May 10

I hope EVERYONE will join me today in supporting @jdanbishop with all we’ve got, so he can move on next Tuesday and win this key race in September: http://bit.ly/SupportBishop   #nc09 #ncpol
43 replies 105 retweets 313 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
Twitchy Team
May 9

‘TEXAS REMEMBERS’: Ted Cruz successfully repossessed his Dr Pepper fridge that was vandalized by corn lobbyist Ben Sasse
32 replies 64 retweets 343 likes
Ted Cruz Retweeted
LifeNews.com
‏ @LifeNewsHQ
May 9

BREAKING:

The GoFundMe campaign sponsored by the father of the pro-life teens Brian Sims harassed has reached its fundraising goal!

The campaign hit the $100,000 mark to raise funds for a local pro-life organization in Philadelphia.

Thanks everyone!
87 replies 1,305 retweets 3,379 likes
Ted Cruz
May 9

The Russia investigation is over. After 2 years of Dem & media hysteria, after millions of dollars, after 2800 subpoenas, the Mueller Report found NO collusion. There’s no need for another subpoena for @DonaldJTrumpJr It’s time to move on & focus on issues Americans care about.

Louie Gohmert
‏Verified account @replouiegohmert
25 Apr 2018

What I have accumulated here is absolutely shocking upon the realization that #Mueller's disreputable, twisted history speaks to the character of the man placed in a position to attempt to legalize a coup against a lawfully-elected President. DOWNLOAD:

SiriusXM Patriot
‏Verified account @SiriusXMPatriot
May 10

.@replouiegohmert has a strong message for both Democrats and Republicans refusing to move on from the Russia investigation on @BreitbartNews Daily on @SiriusXMPatriot

Lou Dobbs
‏Verified account @LouDobbs
May 9

#DeepState - @replouiegohmert: I do agree with Nadler & Pelosi. There is definitely a constitutional crisis & it has everything to do with their attempted coup against @RealDonaldTrump by the FBI, DOJ leaders, intel communities & even Obama admin. #MAGA #Dobbs

Devin Nunes
‏Verified account @DevinNunes
18h18 hours ago

“Russiagate has always been a political narrative masquerading as a federal investigation”  by ⁦@AndrewCMcCarthy⁩

Devin Nunes
19h19 hours ago

3/3 conveniently also forgot to give House Intel Committee Republicans Kavalec report.
307 replies 1,947 retweets 6,606 likes
Show this thread
Devin Nunes
19h19 hours ago

Unfortunately they forgot to share Kavalec info will FISA court...
162 replies 2,008 retweets 6,909 likes
Show this thread
Devin Nunes
19h19 hours ago

In 1 meeting with Steele-State Dept Kavalec does more to verify Steele dossier than FBI/ #muellerdossier team did in 3 years. Maybe Kavalec would have found the Trump Russians...instead we are left with Fusion/Clinton Russians! By ⁦@jsolomonReports⁩
993 replies 5,224 retweets 12,338 likes
Show this thread
Devin Nunes
May 10

“Warrior for the western alliance” 😳 - Why does he wait 2 months to bring USA this important information?