Author Topic: Comey’s top FBI lawyer James Baker admits he’s ’nervous,’ opens some distance between himself and th  (Read 497 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Comey’s top FBI lawyer James Baker admits he’s ’nervous,’ opens some distance between himself and the conspirators
American Thinker, May 12, 2019, Thomas Lifson

We just got a glimpse of the coming lines of defense for the deposed political cabal that formerly ran the FBI, as well as the limits of loyalty among them.   

Former FBI General Counsel James Baker spoke in public Friday, before a very friendly crowd at the Brookings Institution, where James Comey's pal Benjamin Wittes, a fellow there, organized a public event where the two men spoke. He revealed some useful indications of what’s going on among the cabal that weaponized the FBI’s counterintelligence apparatus against candidate and then President Donald Trump.

Jerry Dunleavy of the Washington Examiner reports: 
Former FBI General Counsel James Baker admitted on Friday that he is “nervous” about DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s investigation into the conduct of the DOJ and the FBI during the Trump-Russia probe. (snip)

Baker said he is “assuming that they will dig and find stuff” and that “we’ll try to sort it out and see what mistakes were made.” But Baker defended the FBI's actions, including its use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

So, he’s blaming “mistakes” not conscious planning for the abuses he knows will be uncovered. He has not turned state’s evidence.  But most importantly, Baker seems to be allowing that others may have committed crimes and concealed them from him:

Wittes then asked Baker: “So, how nervous are you about the IG?”

Baker said he is “always nervous about the IG," adding that “they’re coming in after the fact to look at what we did." At the time, he said, the FBI was “trying to do it in real time and having the pressure to deal with these threats as they were coming.”

Baker contended that he was “confident in the judgments that I made at the time based on the information that I had available to me.” But he left open the possibility that others may have engaged in wrongdoing, saying, “I’m sure they will find things that I didn’t know at the time and maybe that others didn’t know at the time.” [emphases added]

He went to define himself as not a conspirator, not a rat, but maybe a dupe:

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/05/comeys_top_fbi_lawyer_james_baker_admits_hes_nervous_opens_some_distance_between_himself_and_the_conspirators.html

Cyber Note:  Fixed link...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 01:38:18 pm by Cyber Liberty »