Author Topic: Dem Gov. Vetoes Newborn Care Bill  (Read 4182 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Gov. Vetoes Newborn Care Bill
« on: May 12, 2019, 11:07:10 am »
 Dem Gov. Vetoes Newborn Care Bill
Posted By Bill McMorris On May 10, 2019 @ 11:40 am

Montana Democrat and expected 2020 presidential candidate Steve Bullock vetoed a bill that would have ensured newborns who survive abortion receive life-saving care.

Gov. Bullock vetoed the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which was passed by both chambers of the Republican-controlled legislature. Bullock, who did not respond to requests for comment, became the second Red State Democratic governor to block such protections after North Carolina's Roy Cooper vetoed a similar bill in April. His decision comes as he prepares to enter the 2020 Democratic primary.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/issues/dem-gov-vetoes-newborn-care-bill/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Dem Gov. Vetoes Newborn Care Bill
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 02:50:54 pm »
Barbaric act that boosts his democommie credentials.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 08:01:31 pm »
Barbaric act that boosts his democommie credentials.
Governor 'dead baby' Bullock may be looking for work next election, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 02:42:11 am »
To deprive care of a newborn is simply murder in my book.

How could neglect of an infant be anything otherwise?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 03:08:31 am »
To deprive care of a newborn is simply murder in my book.

How could neglect of an infant be anything otherwise?
Quite correct. If the average parent did so causing the death of the newborn, it would be considered murder.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 11:53:32 am »
I think there is a special place in hell waiting for those who think killing a baby is ok.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 02:09:29 pm »
How did such ghoulishness become socially acceptable?  The mind boggles.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 05:03:18 pm »
I think there is a special place in hell waiting for those who think killing a baby is ok.
:amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 05:06:58 pm »
I have a very simple rule that I do my best to follow: Never harm and innocent or through inaction allow one to come to harm.
This goes beyond the pale. It is a bad as Obozo voting "present" when the same bill came up in the Illinois legislature years ago.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 01:38:26 am »
Not acceptable to me, nor anybody else I know.  Not to you either am sure.

The real question is why do we allow a minor viewpoint blatantly demand that behavior?

From a Democrat representative who berates an elderly woman for praying to save kids from doom and their mothers from a life of sorrow, to a Governor of Virginia who says being born alive does not necessarily mean a baby should live, to a Montana Governor who vetoes what the majority of the state legislators wish who represent the state's constituents.

None of these elected who stand for murdering infants would ever be able to stand up to the scrutiny of a majority of the people in this country who overwhelmingly reject infant murder.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:12:23 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 11:31:28 am »
So this murderous governor has formally announced his candidacy for president.  What are we up to on the Democrat side now -- 400?  *****rollingeyes*****

I'd like to think once voters are aware of what he has done, they will reject him.  Only those for whom life is cheap might consider him.  I don't see this candidacy going anywhere. 

By the way, isn't Montana a more conservative state?  If so, whatever possessed the voters to elect him governor?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:13 pm »

Because the two sides -  pro-life and pro-choice - are at war, where anything goes.   One side wants to ban abortion days after a missed period, and the other side wants to permit abortion even as the baby is gasping for life on the operating table.   

I've said this before, to deaf ears.    Those who truly want to reduce the number of abortions don't go monkeying around with Constitutional rights.   They do the hard work of persuasion and support for mothers in tough circumstances to do the right thing.   Or, as the left to its credit advocates,  they make contraceptives freely available.   

But the two warring sides have ratcheted things up to new levels.   So long as one side insists on passing cruel laws that ban abortion at six weeks, the other side will counter with the normalization of infanticide.   Both positions are inhumane and serve to harden hearts.    If only this issue could be removed from the political agenda,  both sides could work together toward the common goal of supporting life.   And the red/blue divide could begin to heal. 

But it's never going to happen.  Neither side will, it seems, acknowledge the bona fides and good faith of the other.   Each just lurches further down the road to extremism.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 01:05:59 pm »
So this murderous governor has formally announced his candidacy for president.  What are we up to on the Democrat side now -- 400?  *****rollingeyes*****

I'd like to think once voters are aware of what he has done, they will reject him.  Only those for whom life is cheap might consider him.  I don't see this candidacy going anywhere. 

By the way, isn't Montana a more conservative state?  If so, whatever possessed the voters to elect him governor?
Got this add logging into Google today

Steve Bullock 2020 | Send Steve to the Debates | actblue.com‎
Adsecure.actblue.com/‎
Steve Bullock needs 65,000 donors to get on the debate stage. Chip in $5 now.

The murderous scum is voting against babies to collect votes.

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 01:08:40 pm »
Because the two sides -  pro-life and pro-choice - are at war, where anything goes.   One side wants to ban abortion days after a missed period, and the other side wants to permit abortion even as the baby is gasping for life on the operating table.   

I've said this before, to deaf ears.    Those who truly want to reduce the number of abortions don't go monkeying around with Constitutional rights.   They do the hard work of persuasion and support for mothers in tough circumstances to do the right thing.   Or, as the left to its credit advocates,  they make contraceptives freely available.   

But the two warring sides have ratcheted things up to new levels.   So long as one side insists on passing cruel laws that ban abortion at six weeks, the other side will counter with the normalization of infanticide.   Both positions are inhumane and serve to harden hearts.    If only this issue could be removed from the political agenda,  both sides could work together toward the common goal of supporting life.   And the red/blue divide could begin to heal. 

But it's never going to happen.  Neither side will, it seems, acknowledge the bona fides and good faith of the other.   Each just lurches further down the road to extremism.
Not the argument.

A baby born alive is a human being as any of us, which is a fact.

One side is condoning outright murder.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 01:09:03 pm »
I've said this before, to deaf ears.    Those who truly want to reduce the number of abortions don't go monkeying around with Constitutional rights.

The only Constitutional right at play here is the right of a State to formulate its own abortion laws.  (See:  Amendment x)

They do the hard work of persuasion and support for mothers in tough circumstances to do the right thing.

That already happens.

But the two warring sides have ratcheted things up to new levels.   So long as one side insists on passing cruel laws that ban abortion at six weeks

Cruel?  Seriously?  So it is not "cruel" to chop that baby up like a blender, but it is "cruel" to save it?  It is not "cruel" to allow that mother to live the rest of her life bearing a heavy emotional scar knowing that she had her baby killed, but it is "cruel" to save her from this and live with the hope that her baby was raised with love from a family that desperately wanted to witness God fulfilling the destiny in his/her life?

Nope.  Won't happen as long as one side continues to lie about being pro-'chioice' when they are adamant about denying choice to those willing to come forward and shape their own society for a better future.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 01:15:59 pm »
One side wants to ban abortion days after a missed period

So?
As I have said before, I'm OK with abortion so long as the unborn child isn't harmed in the process.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 01:16:47 pm »
Not the argument.

A baby born alive is a human being as any of us, which is a fact.

One side is condoning outright murder.

I don't disagree.   But pro-lifers who insist on cruel legislation like these "heartbeat" bills drive the other side to their own extremism.   It is no coincidence that,  even a couple of years ago,  there was consensus that a born child should receive life-saving medical treatment,  just as a couple of years ago the pro-lifers sought to curb abortion after the 20th week.   Now pro-lifers want to force women to give birth only a few days after a missed period.   

Extremism begets extremism.   A lack of empathy on one side just triggers the other side's cruelty.   

To be honest,  I question the sincerity of the extremists on both sides.  Neither gives a damn about reducing abortions. 

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 01:19:53 pm »
I don't disagree.   But pro-lifers who insist on cruel legislation like these "heartbeat" bills drive the other side to their own extremism.

Sorry, I'm simply not seeing it.  What part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Act do you consider to be "cruel"?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2019, 01:45:22 pm »
Sorry, I'm simply not seeing it.  What part of the Born Alive Infant Protection Act do you consider to be "cruel"?

You're misreading my post.  Try again.   Both sides are reacting to the other's extremism with extremism of their own.   

Offline verga

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2019, 05:54:18 pm »

The left makes the argument that it is a "clump of cells". well guess what, that description applies to every human being that has ever been born or will be born. The only difference between us and them and duration. The left also likes to make the argument that it is wholly dependent on the mother for life. Well guess what that also applies to children up tot he age of 6-7 and many people over the age of 90-95. Are you advocating that it is okay to put them to death as well if they are inconvenient? 

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 10:40:43 pm »
This thread serves as yet another example of how divided the nation (and the individual states that comprise it) has become.

Questions for anyone reading:
How do you think "a reconciliation" can or could be achieved with those who promote "at birth" abortions?
And those who embrace the rest of the leftist agenda?
How do you propose to bring them "back into the fold"?

Had coffee with a friend yesterday, and asked him essentially the same question regarding the leftists/democrat-communists? How can they be "brought back"?

His answer was simple:
"You can't"

So... what does this mean for the nation's future?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 12:29:04 pm »
The left makes the argument that it is a "clump of cells". well guess what, that description applies to every human being that has ever been born or will be born. The only difference between us and them and duration. The left also likes to make the argument that it is wholly dependent on the mother for life. Well guess what that also applies to children up tot he age of 6-7 and many people over the age of 90-95. Are you advocating that it is okay to put them to death as well if they are inconvenient?

The difference between us and a 6-week old fetus is that the latter is literally part of the woman's body,  and can have no separate existence on its own.   It is, simply put,  within the dominion and control of the mother, as a matter of scientific fact.   That is completely different from the situation of a viable fetus, or of course a born child.

The "clump of cells" argument may be obnoxious,   but labelling women "murderers" is too.   No woman sets out to get pregnant for the purpose of abortion.   It is always a difficult and often heartbreaking decision.   I wish no one had to make such a choice.   But the bottom line is simple:

For better or for worse, it is the woman's decision to make.

Not the State's.   

And that is the view you would naturally take as a conservative if this were any issue other than abortion.     

Offline thackney

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 12:52:04 pm »
The difference between us and a 6-week old fetus is that the latter is literally part of the woman's body,  and can have no separate existence on its own.   It is, simply put,  within the dominion and control of the mother, as a matter of scientific fact.   That is completely different from the situation of a viable fetus, or of course a born child.

The "clump of cells" argument may be obnoxious,   but labelling women "murderers" is too.   No woman sets out to get pregnant for the purpose of abortion.   It is always a difficult and often heartbreaking decision.   I wish no one had to make such a choice.   But the bottom line is simple:

For better or for worse, it is the woman's decision to make.

Not the State's.   

And that is the view you would naturally take as a conservative if this were any issue other than abortion.   

Protection of the innocent is always a conservative choice.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2019, 01:14:26 pm »
Protection of the innocent is always a conservative choice.

But that is because of your moral view of the matter.   You think of a six-week old fetus as a "baby" when it is something quite different.   The conservative choice it to protect liberty from intrusion by the State.   At the six-week mark,  only one person has a liberty interest - the woman.    When the fetus is viable,  and the woman has had the meaningful opportunity to choose to continue her pregnancy,  then I can accept your "protection of the innocent" perspective.    But at the six-week mark?   No.  The State cannot force a woman to bear that burden.   

As for your moral view of the matter,  I don't disagree.   But again:  persuasion's a good thing.  Coercion is not.   

Offline thackney

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:55 pm »
You think of a six-week old fetus as a "baby" when it is something quite different.

From the legal point of view, if you can be charged with homicide for killing the unborn baby, it is a baby.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer