Author Topic: Colombian Cartel Boss Pleads Guilty to Bribing U.S. Fed with Cash, Prostitutes  (Read 751 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Colombian Cartel Boss Pleads Guilty to Bribing U.S. Fed with Cash, Prostitutes

2:51
A top Colombian cartel boss pleaded guilty in a U.S. federal court to having bribed a top federal investigator with cash and prostitutes in order to have an indictment against him successfully dismissed.

Jose Bayron “Cacheton” Piedrahita Ceballos appeared before U.S. District Judge Robert N. Scola this week in Florida where he pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to defraud the government by bribing a federal agent. He is scheduled for a sentencing hearing on July 19. Federal authorities extradited Piedrahita from Colombia on April 5, 2019, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida.

Court documents obtained by Breitbart News revealed that prosecutors named Piedrahita in a 1996 federal indictment against the Cali Cartel. He also had an active arrest warrant from June 20, 1996, until October 21, 2011, when he managed to get the drug trafficking indictment dismissed.

To get the criminal charges dismissed, Piedrahita and another Colombian drug lord, Juan Carlos “Cabezon” Velasco, gave $20,000 in cash and several prostitutes to a top-ranking U.S. Homeland Security Investigations agent in the area. Court documents revealed that HIS Agent Cristopher Ciccione was the case agent for a large-scale drug trafficking operation targeting the Cali Cartel called Cornerstone.
Velasco arranged for a meeting between Ciccione and Piedrahita in Bogota where the drug lords treated the agent with expensive dinners, drinks, and prostitutes in order to get him to help them avoid prosecution.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/05/11/colombian-cartel-boss-pleads-guilty-to-bribing-u-s-fed-with-cash-and-prostitutes/

Nice. 

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
$20g's and some favors for an investigtor?

Makes you wonder what the rate is for Local LEOs, Feds, Judges, Congressmen, Senators?

(Come on, you didn't really think folks living nicely in some of the most expensive towns in the US were getting to be millionaires just on low six figure salaries, did you?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

$20g's and some favors for an investigtor?

Makes you wonder what the rate is for Local LEOs, Feds, Judges, Congressmen, Senators?

(Come on, you didn't really think folks living nicely in some of the most expensive towns in the US were getting to be millionaires just on low six figure salaries, did you?)

It has also been reported that some of our border patrol agents are being bribed as well.  Perhaps a bigger crisis going on in this country is a lack of morality and lack of integrity in our government and throughout our society in general!  GOD Help Us!  (I very humbly ask).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

How is he being tried in the US for acts committed in Columbia?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How is he being tried in the US for acts committed in Columbia?
Did the bribes occur on US territory (embassy or annex)? If so, they were done in American Jurisdiction.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis