Author Topic: Former Supreme Court justice: Trump ‘exercising powers that do not really belong to him’  (Read 801 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Supreme Court justice: Trump ‘exercising powers that do not really belong to him’
by Caitlin Yilek
 | May 11, 2019 01:08 PM

Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens said he is concerned President Trump is crossing a line in refusing to comply with House subpoenas.

“I think there are things we should be concerned about, there’s no doubt about that,” the 99-year-old told the Wall Street Journal.

“The president is exercising powers that do not really belong to him. I mean, he has to comply with subpoenas and things like that,” he said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-supreme-court-justice-trump-exercising-powers-that-do-not-really-belong-to-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

??? Where was this 'opinion' when Holder was subpoenaed and didn't comply?   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

There isn't a single principled person on the left, it doesn't matter what their title is or was.

They are all team politics, all the time, on every single issue.

I think they are all spawn from hell, frankly.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There isn't a single principled person on the left, it doesn't matter what their title is or was.

They are all team politics, all the time, on every single issue.

I think they are all spawn from hell, frankly.

@skeeter

And there it is. :patriot:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
??? Where was this 'opinion' when Holder was subpoenaed and didn't comply?

Someone should ask him just that!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Since he was part of a group that stepped outside its own jurisdiction, it is a pot calling the kettle black.

He has no honor and should be given no respect.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Since he was part of a group that stepped outside its own jurisdiction, it is a pot calling the kettle black.

He has no honor and should be given no respect.

@IsailedawayfromFR

You mean,unlike YOUR choice for President,who would be who,the Tooth Fairy?

Instead of whining about Trump all the time,why not suggest someone you perceive to be "better"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

Former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens

All I need to see to know this is garbage.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Hoodat

Former Supreme Court justice: Trump ‘exercising powers that do not really belong to him’

This coming from a man who spent an entire career using the Judiciary Branch to write laws.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-