Author Topic: Jay Leno: ‘Everyone is Very Politically Correct’ Today  (Read 684 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
BY NICHOLAS BALLASY MAY 2, 2019 CHAT 50 COMMENTS

(AP Photo/Reinhold Matay)
WASHINGTON – Comedian Jay Leno, former host of the Tonight Show on NBC, said he has to be “careful” as a comic because “everybody is very political correct” today.

“You’ve got to be so careful when you do this for a living. Everybody is very politically correct. You do a Trump joke, the Trump people get mad. You do a Hillary joke, the Hillary people get mad. College kids, oh my God, so politically correct,” Leno said during a performance at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington on Friday.

Leno told a story about a former Tonight Show intern who asked him if he wanted Mexican food for lunch one day.

“I said, ‘Eh, I don’t really like Mexican.’ And this kid goes, ‘Woah, that’s kind of racist.’ I said, ‘being anti-guacamole is not racist,’” Leno said to laughter from the crowd. “There’s a difference between racism and politically incorrect."

As an example, Leno described his grandfather as “political incorrect – born in Italy, spoke Italian and ate Italian food."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/jay-leno-everyone-is-very-politically-correct-today/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Where were you Jay when it mattered?

You helped to create this beast.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Where were you Jay when it mattered?

You helped to create this beast.

@dfwgator

Married to a hard-left activist wife that probably considered Hillary to be a moderate feminist,and treading water VERY carefully.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!