Author Topic: Democratic New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker defended his stance on gun control, referring to thoughts and  (Read 598 times)

rangerrebew

Democratic New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker defended his stance on gun control, referring to thoughts and prayers as “just bulls**t” on David Axelrod’s show, “The Axe Files.”

“CNN Newsroom” anchor Poppy Harlow shared a clip of Booker’s statements, discussing them with Axelrod on Friday.

WATCH:

“So when I’m president of the United States, I’m taking a fight to this issue like folks have never seen before because we’re better than this as a country,” Booker told Axelrod. “It’s a uniquely American problem. No other country has this kind of carnage.”

Booker then argued that more Americans had died due to gun violence in his lifetime than had died in all wars since the Revolutionary War combined.

“We’re not going to give thoughts and prayers, which to me is just bulls**t,” he added. “I’m sorry to say that as a man of faith, but I was taught faith without works is dead. We’re going to bring a fight with everything that I have to solve this problem. And because it’s solvable, and we know it.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/10/cory-booker-gun-control-thoughts-prayers-bullst/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Booker then argued that more Americans had died due to gun violence in his lifetime than had died in all wars since the Revolutionary War combined.

Fact check anyone?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He's right. "No other country has this kind of carnage. " (they use machetes, bombs, etc, and the players are different.)

In most of the world, it is the government or competing local factions, specific demographic groups, or religious extremists who do the bulk of the killing.

Hmmmm. There may be some similarities, after all.

As for victims, there have been approximately 1.1 million us service combat deaths (counting COnfederate troops in the War Between the States).

Coming up with a number of victims of homicide by firearm is more difficult.
Suicides, likewise, should not be included, as there are other means to do so, and the US numbers are skewed by the most convenient and effective method which is available relative to the stats of other countries where firearms are harder to obtain (and other methodologies prevail). Sorry, but I would not include suicide victims in the numbers, although likely "gun violence" stats used by anti-gunners will include suicides, accidents, and police shootings of criminal suspects.

I would like to see the source of his numbers.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:24:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

“So when I’m president of the United States, I’m taking a fight to this issue like folks have never seen before because we’re better than this as a country,” Booker told Axelrod. “It’s a uniquely American problem. No other country has this kind of carnage.”

Has  this booger even HEARD of a place called Africa,or another place called the Middle East?

I honestly think he isn't lying because he is too stupid to realize how wrong he is. Hell,the Chinese Communist government alone killed more of it's own people in the last 75 years than have been killed in America by firearms since the English landed at Jamestown.

And that ain't counting what Pol Pot did in Cambodia,the Russians did in Russia,or the Germans did everywhere they traveled.

Calling Booker a fool is insulting to actual fools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Has  this booger even HEARD of a place called Africa,or another place called the Middle East?

I honestly think he isn't lying because he is too stupid to realize how wrong he is. Hell,the Chinese Communist government alone killed more of it's own people in the last 75 years than have been killed in America by firearms since the English landed at Jamestown.

And that ain't counting what Pol Pot did in Cambodia,the Russians did in Russia,or the Germans did everywhere they traveled.

Calling Booker a fool is insulting to actual fools.
But those other countries have a different kind of carnage. They kill each other with real AK-47s, RPGs and tanks, not a cheap 9mm, and they do it in broad daylight, when they aren't sawing off heads with dull kitchen knives, draping people with old tires and gasoline and giving them a light, or throwing them off buildings.

Nope, Americans like their carnage clean, not messy.

Actually, if Mr. Booker could persuade young black men to stop killing each other, that would be more meaningful than trying to ban everyone's guns. Banning guns would likely unleash more carnage than it could ever prevent.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I would like to see the source of his numbers.

@Smokin Joe

Not until they are steam cleaned,because he pulls them out of his ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!