Author Topic: Biden in 2006: U.S. Needs Border Fence to Stop ‘Tons’ of Drugs From Mexico  (Read 484 times)

rangerrebew

Biden in 2006: U.S. Needs Border Fence to Stop ‘Tons’ of Drugs From Mexico
Posted By Cameron Cawthorne On May 10, 2019 @ 7:40 pm In Issues | No Comments

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, who has been critical of President Donald Trump's immigration policies, previously expressed similar views, saying a barrier at the southern border was needed to stop "tons" of drugs from coming into the United States.

Speaking to a South Carolina rotary club in November 2006, then-Sen. Joe Biden (D., Del.) touted his support for the Secure Fence Act, a bill that authorized "700 miles of double-layered fence on the border through more than a billion dollars in appropriations," CNN reported Friday. Biden made the comments in the run-up to his failed presidential bid in 2008.

URL to article: https://freebeacon.com/issues/biden-2006-u-s-needs-border-fence-stop-tons-drugs-mexico/

Offline libertybele

DEM supporters keep forgetting that both Houses (consisting of DEMS as well) passed the Secure Fence Act.

A very strong barrier is needed not only to stop drugs, but people and diseases!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 06:55:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Biden caught in immigration hypocrisy after rediscovered clip shows him demanding border fence
Published time: 11 May, 2019 05:12
Edited time: 11 May, 2019 09:49

Joe Biden is being called out for immigration virtue-signaling after a video of the Democratic candidate calling for a fence "40 stories high" at the US-Mexican border to keep out the Mexicans bringing in drugs resurfaced.
"I voted for a fence," Biden boasts in the video, unearthed by CNN, before launching into a rant against "American employers who knowingly violate the law when, in fact, they hire illegals" and "people driving across that border with tons, tons, hear me, tons of everything from byproducts for methamphetamine to cocaine to heroin and it's all coming up through corrupt Mexico."

Video:

https://www.rt.com/usa/459022-biden-build-fence-hypocrisy-trump/?utm_source=miximedia&utm_medium=miximedia&utm_campaign=Miximedia

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Joe, this truth is no longer tolerated by the left. You've been around too long with too much video evidence.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Joe, this truth is no longer tolerated by the left. You've been around too long with too much video evidence.

Yep, can't pretend Joe.

I just discovered the @mystery-ak posted this video earlier.  I didn't see it but hope she combines this with her thread. wink777
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's hard to hold Biden to something he said in 2006 when we don't hold the President to anything he said last year.