Author Topic: Measles, Masterminds & Millions: Big Discrepancies & Misrepresentations in Reporting on the Measles  (Read 680 times)

rangerrebew

Measles, Masterminds & Millions: Big Discrepancies & Misrepresentations in Reporting on the Measles “Outbreak”
Corey Lynn Corey Lynn May 10, 2019 

The media, HHS, WHO, and CDC are all up in arms over why people are concerned about vaccinating, and going so far as to proclaim “the measles outbreak is the anti-vaxxers fault, they are conspiracy theorists spreading misinformation, and this is dangerous!” The problem is, they only wish to portray selected statistics while being very deceptive and exaggerating the danger – which has played a major role in huge public distrust.

• For the past 26 years, since 1993, there have been 5,788 cases of measles reported in the U.S., and 4 measles-related deaths, two of which had other complications and was only determined after death

• The CDC, WHO, and mainstream media report 0.1% – 0.2% measles death rate in the U.S., when in fact it is 0.07% over the past 26 years

https://freedomoutpost.com/measles-masterminds-millions-big-discrepancies-misrepresentations-in-reporting-on-the-measles-outbreak/

Offline Applewood

In my neck of the woods, the local frowny-faced news readers are reporting this outbreak as a major catastrophe akin to the Asian Flu outbreak that killed millions in 1957.  So far locally, it's not been all that bad.  Supposedly, most of the patients came from one family and it took the newsreaders days to admit that the family was "undocumented" -- that is, in the US illegally. 

Personally, I don't have to worry.  When I was a kid, there were no vaccines for measles, mumps and chicken pox, and I caught all three.  In fact, I had measles twice -- the regular kind and German measles.  Survived all of them.  One thing these news readers don't emphasize is that those of us born before 1957 are now considered immune -- most likely because we had been exposed to these diseases.   Instead the media is putting everyone into a panic.  Unless the measles going around now is particularly virulent -- whether you are vaccinated or not -- the disease is not generally going to kill you. 

That said, personally, I think since vaccinations are available, people are foolish not to get them if needed -- only because, while the disease is usually not fatal, it is a real pain in the you-know-what.  My classmates thought it was so cool when I had the measles because I didn't have to go to school.  But trust me, it was not fun.