Author Topic: GREAT AGAIN: US Treasury Takes in $160 BILLION Surplus in April Alone, Revenues ‘All Time High’  (Read 805 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
GREAT AGAIN: US Treasury Takes in $160 BILLION Surplus in April Alone, Revenues ‘All Time High’

The US economy continued to roar to life during the first quarter of 2019, with new data showing the Treasury took in a whopping $160 billion surplus in April alone...

https://hannity.com/media-room/great-again-us-treasury-takes-in-160-billion-surplus-in-april-alone-revenues-all-time-high/

https://apnews.com/ab14555ea31b4674a1a7f6e412d5db67

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:15:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
File under things you will never read in the NY Times or Washington Post.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In before the Tariff haters doom and gloom the forecast for the rest of the year.   

But this is big news.  If congress was passing laws instead conducting witch hunts they could be spending it.

Oh wait...that might be a good thing! :)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

There is nothing at all "GREAT" about this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There is nothing at all "GREAT" about this.

Depends on how you look at it I guess.  I agree that the Fed Gov having more money is not great in any sense of the word.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Yet they will spend it all and more. The debt continues to climb and this number isn't even a fraction of 1% of it (if my math is right.)
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
All those taxes that came in when they were due April 15 will have that effect. It still doesn't come close to canceling out the trillion-dollar deficit the other 11 months of the year.

This is such a dishonest headline.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Every freaking year, the same article in April... And the same cluelessness.

The treasury always takes in more revenue in April, it is when taxes are due...

This isn't MAGA, it is when the crown tells you to pay tribute.

And to laugh that Hannity is pushing it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:04:52 pm by ABX »

Offline MajorClay

April, when most people who owe, pay up.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
April, when most people who owe, pay up.
Most people, and then this is what we hear from the 'immigrants' democrats protect.

TAXES? We don't pay no stinkin taxes!

Offline corbe

This is indeed good news, we can continue the subsidization of the American Farmers hurt by the Tariffs for at least 10 more months.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.