Author Topic: Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro walks out of BBC interview after being quizzed on old comments  (Read 551 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro walks out of BBC interview after being quizzed on old comments
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Conservative commentator Ben Shapiro walked out of a BBC interview after being pressed on old comments he made.

Shapiro appeared on the BBC to talk about his new book “The Right Side of History: How Reason and Moral Purpose Made the West Great.”

But shortly after exchanging the pleasantries, the host Andrew Neil went on offense and drilled down on Shapiro’s views, asking the commentator whether the recent pro-life bill in Georgia is like bringing back the “Dark Ages” in the U.S.

Read more at:  https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/conservative-commentator-ben-shapiro-bbc-interview

I heard Ben had a spat with this guy and it's being reported on.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Shapiro later apologized for misinterpreting Neil's "antagonism as political Leftism."

“As I’m not familiar with him or his work, I misinterpreted his antagonism as political Leftism (he termed the pro-life position in America ‘barbaric’) – and that was apparently inaccurate. For that, I apologize," he wrote to his 2.13 million followers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

Not sure why Shapiro is apologizing.  There is nothing right-leaning about a British "conservative."  His questions were garbage.