Author Topic: 'Not above the law': Trump indictment in play after presidency, James Comey says  (Read 562 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 The Washington Times ›

'Not above the law': Trump indictment in play after presidency, James Comey says
Victor Morton May 09, 2019

Former FBI director James Comey said Thursday that he thinks President Trump likely has committed crimes that could be cause for indictment once he leaves office and, were he not president, likely would already have been indicted.

In a CNN town-hall-style meeting, Mr. Comey was asked by host Anderson Cooper whether Mr. Trump acted with corrupt intent to interfere with an ongoing investigation.

“It sure looks that way,” Mr. Comey replied, saying he based that judgment on his reading of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report and leaning most heavily on Mr. Trump’s order to White House Counsel Don McGahn to fire Mr. Mueller.

When Mr. Cooper asked the former FBI chief whether he agreed with an open letter from numerous federal prosecutors that Mr. Trump would already have been indicted on obstruction of justice charges if were not the president, Mr. Comey was emphatic.

more
https://outline.com/RpcGKM
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Comey hoping for a hail mary to save his sorry arse.

WHEN will we start seeing some justice here? These clowns obviously think there's a chance they can win this thing by running their mouths on CNN & MSNBC and its beyond tiresome.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The sooner I see that POS in an orange jumpsuit the better!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
A conversation between the President and his counsel about firing Mueller,  which was never implemented,  is not obstruction of justice.     *****rollingeyes*****

The fact is that Trump in no way impeded Mueller's access to information and to his aides,  and his exhaustive report is prima facie evidence that he was not obstructed in his work.    Indeed, if Trump were NOT the President, his conversation with McGahn would have been entirely redacted,  on the ground that, in the absence of evidence of a crime,  a special counsel's report must be redacted to protect the reputational interest of the innocent.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide