Author Topic: Iran Crisis Thread (updates)  (Read 23146 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Breaking: Moscow says downed US drone was in Iranian airspace
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2019, 04:01:57 pm »
Moscow says downed US drone was in Iranian airspace

Who cares what Moscow says?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Iran Crisis Thread (updates)
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2019, 03:54:41 pm »
President Donald Trump says he doesn't want war with Iran but that if there is one, "it won't last very long" because the U.S. has military superiority.

Trump told Fox Business Network on Wednesday that he was "nice" to Iran for not ordering strikes after Tehran shot down a more than $100 million U.S. surveillance drone.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-khamenei-says-iran-wont-100615500.html

They don’t fear Trump, because they know he doesn’t want to get involved in a Middle Eastern conflict, that raises gas prices and hurts the economy.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2019, 03:59:11 pm »
They don’t fear Trump, because they know he doesn’t want to get involved in a Middle Eastern conflict, that raises gas prices and hurts the economy.

Unlike every President who came before.  Unlike Obastard and his pallets of cash for terrorists.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #228 on: June 26, 2019, 05:04:33 pm »
Obviously, sanctions are creating big problems there, whether they fear Trump or not.

This has always been the downside on pulling out of the nuke deal,  we might have to use some very robust action, meaning military. In the meantime, sanctions are a gambit, people are unhappy and military force would seem to get the suffering people on the side of the Government, not a good thing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #229 on: June 26, 2019, 05:15:42 pm »
Obviously, sanctions are creating big problems there, whether they fear Trump or not.

This has always been the downside on pulling out of the nuke deal,  we might have to use some very robust action, meaning military. In the meantime, sanctions are a gambit, people are unhappy and military force would seem to get the suffering people on the side of the Government, not a good thing.

It beats the Obastard solution:  Let the Iranians cheat their way to a nuclear weapon...just be sure to do it after he's out of office so he can blame the next guy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2019, 03:29:20 pm »
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran warned the United States against violating its borders, with parliament speaker Ali Larijani threatening a stronger reaction, the Tasnim news agency said on Thursday, a week after Tehran shot down a U.S. drone, spiking tension between them.

"The downing of their drone was a good experience for them to avoid any aggression against our borders," the semi-official agency quoted Larijani as saying late on Wednesday.

"Iran's reaction will be stronger if they repeat their mistake of violating our borders."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-warns-u-stronger-reaction-052340635.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #231 on: June 27, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iran warned the United States against violating its borders, with parliament speaker Ali Larijani threatening a stronger reaction, the Tasnim news agency said on Thursday, a week after Tehran shot down a U.S. drone, spiking tension between them.

"The downing of their drone was a good experience for them to avoid any aggression against our borders," the semi-official agency quoted Larijani as saying late on Wednesday.

"Iran's reaction will be stronger if they repeat their mistake of violating our borders."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-warns-u-stronger-reaction-052340635.html

More Truth Bombs from the Persians, I see.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2019, 06:43:32 pm »
More Truth Bombs from the Persians, I see.

Man I miss Baghdad Bob at moments like this.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2019, 07:09:24 pm »

I'm sitting here LOL'in.....thinking about President Trump's response to a question about the possibility of an armed conflict with Iran.

Paraphrasing.....

"....whatever type of military conflict we find ourselves with Iran...we don't know, but It'll Be Quick.  It will be over quickly.  No thousands of American troops, etc.,  Really, Really, QUICK!"     :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2019, 07:26:37 pm »

How can I miss him when the Iranians do the same stuff?  They'd been at it even longer than old Tariq.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #235 on: June 27, 2019, 07:48:00 pm »
How can I miss him when the Iranians do the same stuff?  They'd been at it even longer than old Tariq.

Yeah but, Bob was so much better at the comedy aspect.   The Iranians are so serious.  Why so serious? Oh wait, I know...the carter and the obama years!   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #236 on: June 27, 2019, 07:54:08 pm »
Yeah but, Bob was so much better at the comedy aspect.   The Iranians are so serious.  Why so serious? Oh wait, I know...the carter and the obama years!

Yeah, they never got over the butthurt of the Carter years as we did.  But then, we recovered from those black days, Iran did not.  It'll be a while before we can wipe away the stain of Obastard, if we ever can.  It'll take a long time to fix the 150 years worth of damage he did to race relations.  I hear people say he set us back 50 years but I disagree.  He set us all the way back to Reconstruction.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #237 on: June 27, 2019, 08:01:59 pm »
I'm sitting here LOL'in.....thinking about President Trump's response to a question about the possibility of an armed conflict with Iran.

Paraphrasing.....

"....whatever type of military conflict we find ourselves with Iran...we don't know, but It'll Be Quick.  It will be over quickly.  No thousands of American troops, etc.,  Really, Really, QUICK!"     :patriot:

Westmoreland or Rumsfeld couldn’t have said it any better.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #238 on: June 27, 2019, 08:05:47 pm »

Westmoreland or Rumsfeld couldn’t have said it any better.

You say that like it is a bad thing.   :whistle:

Offline TomSea

EU's Mogherini Says Special Trade Mechanism For Iran 'Operational'
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2019, 03:02:35 am »
Circumventing sanctions on Iran with a barter-exchange-based system!

EU's Mogherini Says Special Trade Mechanism For Iran 'Operational'
Radio Farda

The European Union Foreign Policy Chief Federica Mogherini says a special mechanism to allow trade with Iran is expected to be launched soon.

In a joint press conference after talks with Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on June 25, in Brussels, Mogherini said the Instrument for Trade and Exchanges, INSTEX may soon be ready and operational.

INSTEX is a new European payment system for barter-based trade with Iran designed to circumvent U.S. sanctions imposed on Tehran.

Read more at: https://en.radiofarda.com/a/eu-mogherini-says-special-trade-mechanism-for-iran-operational-/30022302.html

Pistachioes for Medicines, well, if they can work it that way, in that instance, that's fine with me.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:03:23 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

JCPOA Sunset Alert (Iran)
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2019, 01:55:39 am »
JCPOA Sunset Alert

As a part of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), the international arms embargo imposed on Iran under U.N. Security Council Resolution 2231 will expire on October 18, 2020.

This means that the supply, sale, or transfer of any guns, howitzers, mortars, battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, and missiles or missile systems to or from Iran will no longer require U.N. Security Council approval. U.N. member-states will also no longer be obligated to prevent such arms-transfers from Iran.

The expiration of this arms embargo will have immediate destabilizing consequences for Yemen, Bahrain, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, and Israel. Terror organizations like the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) Quds Force, the Al-Ashtar Brigades, Hezbollah, Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and the Houthis are the likely beneficiaries of this sunset provision. The availability of such arms to these groups may result in increases in the amount of funds regional countries allocate for their defense budgets. This dynamic may also cause domestic instability should the United States’ regional partners decide they cannot allow such deliveries and undertake kinetic action to defend the integrity of their governments. Additionally, Resolution 2231’s expiration may provide Iran with plausible deniability given Tehran’s ability, effective in 2020, to just purchase foreign weapons and deliver them to Iranian-organized proxies. Iran can claim the weapons were not Iranian in origin and disclaim responsibility.

More: https://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/jcpoa-sunset-alert

Joseph Lieberman and the like have some connections with this website, "United Against Nuclear Iran", I will probably merge this into the big thread later on. Lieberman and others wrote a letter dating back to 2015:

One may read here: https://www.unitedagainstnucleariran.com/sites/default/files/UANI-Open-Letter_11052015.pdf

Pretty technical and the last part of course, is now over 3 years old.

Offline TomSea

US launched 'cyber attack' against Iranian military computers after drone downing
The New Arab & agencies

The United States launched a retaliatory cyber attack against Iran last week that crippled computers used to control rocket and missile launches.

The United States launched cyber attacks against Iranian missile control systems and a spy network after Tehran downed an American surveillance drone, according to US media reports.

US President Donald Trump secretly authorised US Cyber Command to carry out a retaliatory attack on Iran, The Washington Post reported Saturday, shortly after the US president pledged to hit the Islamic republic with major new sanctions.

Read more at: https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/News/2019/6/23/US-launched-cyber-attack-against-Iranian-military-computers

A lot happening in the world!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2019, 03:15:53 pm »
Tangled in Obama's Iran nuclear trap
Certification of Tehran's compliance is neither wise, necessary nor accurate

By John R. Bolton and Paula A. DeSutter - - Wednesday, April 26, 2017

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

On April 18, the State Department certified Iran to be in compliance with its commitments under the Iran nuclear deal (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA). As France’s iconic foreign minister, the Marquis de Talleyrand, once reportedly said: “This was worse than a crime; it was a mistake.”

The applicable statute not only did not require such a certification, it openly invited President Trump not to make one if circumstances warranted, as they clearly did here. More seriously, the certification raises fundamental questions whether the State Department’s bureaucracy knows or cares that U.S. Iran policy has changed with the Trump administration’s advent.

The applicable reporting statute requires that, at least every 90 days, the president must determine whether he “is able to certify” that among other things, “Iran is transparently, verifiably, and fully implementing the agreement, including all related technical or additional agreements,” and that “Iran has not taken any action, including covert activities, that could significantly advance its nuclear weapons program.”

Read more at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/26/obama-iran-nuclear-deal-showing-little-effectivene/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2019, 03:45:18 pm »
Actually sanctioning Khamenei, their leader, is suppose to be a big deal per the experts:

Trump's Move To Sanction Khamenei Is Significant For Human Rights

President Donald Trump imposed new sanctions last Monday on the Islamic Republic's Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as well as everyone in his office or appointed by him.

"The Supreme Leader of Iran is the one who ultimately is responsible for the hostile conduct of the regime," the President told reporters, adding, "These measures represent a strong and proportionate response to Iran's increasingly provocative actions."

Many commentators and analysts immediately dismissed the move as a "political show-off", and argued, since Khamenei has no personal assets, does not travel to the U.S.A., and the commanders of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) appointed by him are already under Washington’s sanctions, the new move does not go further than a "symbolic gesture."

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/trump-s-move-to-sanction-khamenei-is-significant-for-human-rights/30025880.html

Jailed British-Iranian Aid Worker Ends Hunger Strike, Husband Says

LONDON, June 29 (Reuters) - Jailed British-Iranian aid worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has ended a hunger strike in Tehran designed to push for her release, her husband told the BBC on Saturday.

Zaghari-Ratcliffe, a project manager with the Thomson Reuters Foundation, began the hunger strike roughly two weeks ago.

She was arrested in April 2016 at a Tehran airport as she headed back to Britain with her daughter after a family visit and was sentenced to five years in jail after being convicted of plotting to overthrow Iran's clerical establishment.

Read more at: https://en.radiofarda.com/a/jailed-british-iranian-aid-worker-ends-hunger-strike-husband-says/30027418.html
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:47:37 pm by TomSea »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: JCPOA Sunset Alert (Iran)
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2019, 04:09:50 pm »

Joseph Lieberman and the like have some connections with this website, "United Against Nuclear Iran", I will probably merge this into the big thread later on. Lieberman and others wrote a letter dating back to 2015:

@TomSea

Please do so,and thank you in advance.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2019, 04:13:21 pm »
Actually sanctioning Khamenei, their leader, is suppose to be a big deal per the experts:

@TomSea

Anyone else click on the link and see the photo of her and her daughter? Talk about a Mini-Me! If you had never seen either before in your life,one casual glance would tell you they are mother and daughter.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #246 on: July 01, 2019, 10:37:28 pm »
Ted Cruz: Iran began exploiting the nuclear deal before it was even implemented

“I will continue to work ... to ensure that maximum pressure means maximum pressure,” Cruz said. (File photo: Reuters)
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Monday, 1 July 2019

US Senator Ted Cruz issued a statement on Monday blaming the Iran nuclear deal for allowing Tehran to cheat and saying that Tehran began exploiting the deal before it was even implemented.

“The catastrophic Obama Iran nuclear deal was built to allow Iran to cheat, both by making it difficult to detect violations and by giving other countries an incentive to dismiss those violations when they became undeniable,” the statement said.

Cruz also said that Iran began “exploiting the deal before was even implemented, secretly preserving nuclear weapons infrastructure, and openly violating limits on nuclear-related materials.”

Read more at: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2019/07/01/Ted-Cruz-Iran-began-exploiting-the-nuclear-deal-before-it-was-even-implemented.html

Offline edpc

« Reply #247 on: July 03, 2019, 12:03:08 pm »
Iran to exceed uranium enrichment limit from Sunday: Rouhani

"On July 7, our enrichment level will no longer be 3.67 percent. We will put aside this commitment. We will increase (the enrichment level) beyond 3.67 percent to as much as we want, as much as is necessary, as much as we need," Rouhani said during a cabinet meeting on Wednesday.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-exceed-uranium-enrichment-limit-sunday-rouhani-091932240.html

Offline TomSea

« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2019, 06:56:47 pm »
Trish Regan
‏Verified account @trish_regan
22m22 minutes ago

BREAKING: Iranian soure tells me “we WILL negotiate with the US.” if Iran will indeed now sit down with the United States this is a MAJOR development for @realDonaldTrump and his administration
16 replies 78 retweets 176 likes

https://twitter.com/trish_regan/status/1147936510316072961

This isn't worth much to say but maybe it will turn out to be true.

Offline edpc

« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2019, 10:50:16 am »
Trump: Iran 'better be careful' after backing away further from nuclear deal

President Trump lobbed a strong warning to Iran on Sunday after the rogue nation announced it had ratcheted up its uranium enrichment beyond the limit allowed by the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.

“Iran better be careful. … Iran is doing a lot of bad things,” Trump said. “Iran will never have a nuclear weapon.”

Iran has said it was inching its program closer toward weapons-grade levels, while calling for a diplomatic solution to a crisis that has raised tensions with the U.S.

“Iran’s latest expansion o

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-iran-better-be-careful-after-backing-away-further-from-nuclear-deal/ar-AADZtcJ?li=BBnb7Kz