General Category > World News

Iran Crisis Thread (updates)

(1/61) > >>

TomSea:

--- Quote ---US sanctions on Iran are 'deliberately provocative,' expert says
Shirley Tay

U.S. President Donald Trump's new sanctions on Iran and deployment of a carrier strike group to the Middle East are "deliberately provocative," Jarrett Blanc from the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace said Thursday.

Not only do these sanctions target Iran's export revenue, it also affects a "very large employment sector of the Iranian economy," said Blanc, a senior fellow at the Washington-based think tank. This will be "understood as an effort to destabilize the middle class," he added.

Trump on Wednesday slapped fresh sanctions on Iranian industrial metals — the country's second-largest source of export revenue after petroleum — and threatened further action unless Tehran "fundamentally" changes its behavior.

Read more at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/10/us-sanctions-on-iran-are-deliberately-provocative-carnegie-expert.html
--- End quote ---

Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

Maybe they are okay, I was surprised to find one think tank that was pretty left leaning but I forget which one it is.

I think it was as on the wiki page, the "Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - Middle East Center".

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: TomSea on May 10, 2019, 09:09:10 am --- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

Maybe they are okay, I was surprised to find one think tank that was pretty left leaning but I forget which one it is.

I think it was as on the wiki page, the "Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - Middle East Center".

--- End quote ---

Tough Titty. They are Muslims. We should be trying to kill them off.

edpc:
Sanctions are ‘deliberately provocative,’ but seizure of an embassy is understandable, given our decades of support for the Shah.    :shrug:

Wingnut:
'deliberately provocative,' expert says.

He say's that like it is a bad thing.  Some expert.  BTW, who is this jack wagon anyway and wth is CNN digging up a comment from an obscure liberal peace group.  I guess Green Peace was unavalable.

XenaLee:
Considering how emboldened and enabled Iran is now, thanks to the previous administration.... and considering how Iran is actively working with and for terrorists and other enemies of America....

one would hope that we are now being "deliberately provocative" with those sanctions.  About friggin time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version