Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez’ INSANE move just backfired in her face  (Read 607 times)

rangerrebew

Ocasio-Cortez’ INSANE move just backfired in her face

May 9, 2019

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., just had her latest stunt blow up right in her face — and her supporters are getting fed up.

Ocasio-Cortez fed her supporters a lot of promises during the 2018 election. Now that it’s time to deliever, she’s struggling to do anything but virtue signal.

It has been a rude awakening from liberals voters.

Just yesterday, Ocasio-Cortez demanded Americans support a strike led by ride share drivers — even though her campaign team has racked up more than $2,000 in charges during the first three months of 2019. Given how relatively inexpensive most Uber and Lyft charges are, $2,000 is a very steep number.

https://thehornnews.com/ocasio-cortez-exposed-in-shameless-hypocrisy-stunt/

rangerrebew

Re: Ocasio-Cortez’ INSANE move just backfired in her face
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 04:10:32 pm »
Redistrict her district?  Ain't gonna happen!  She'll cry racism and that attempt will flop like a fish out of water. ghoul7

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 04:33:54 pm »
Redistrict her district?  Ain't gonna happen!  She'll cry racism and that attempt will flop like a fish out of water. ghoul7

By 2022, it will happen.  New York will lose House seats, so they will have no choice but to redraw district lines.  She will be the first to go.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 05:12:31 pm »
By 2022, it will happen.  New York will lose House seats, so they will have no choice but to redraw district lines.  She will be the first to go.

That would be sweet justice if it happens.  Back to being Bar tending school dropout. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 06:42:21 pm »

And do you want to bet the one group that will be the happiest when that happens to her will be most House and Senate  Democrats  themselves?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 12:59:38 am »
Hoodat wrote:
"By 2022, it will happen.  New York will lose House seats, so they will have no choice but to redraw district lines.  She will be the first to go."

Nope.
In 2022, she's going to challenge Charles Schumer for the Senate seat he holds. I'd rate her chances at least 50-50 of knocking him out with a primary. If she wins the primary, she'll be the new junior Senator from New York.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 01:12:19 am »
Hoodat wrote:
"By 2022, it will happen.  New York will lose House seats, so they will have no choice but to redraw district lines.  She will be the first to go."

Nope.
In 2022, she's going to challenge Charles Schumer for the Senate seat he holds. I'd rate her chances at least 50-50 of knocking him out with a primary. If she wins the primary, she'll be the new junior Senator from New York.
If she wins the primary, that would actually put the Republican Party back into business for once.

There's a little difference winning a 90-10 Dem district compared to a 60-40 Dem state when at least 5 of those Dems vote Dem solely because they're the ones in power.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline verga

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 10:54:01 am »
If she wins the primary, that would actually put the Republican Party back into business for once.

There's a little difference winning a 90-10 Dem district compared to a 60-40 Dem state when at least 5 of those Dems vote Dem solely because they're the ones in power.
From your lips to God's ears.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.