Author Topic: Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner must "be dealt with," John Kelly says while praising Melania Trump as "w  (Read 668 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner must "be dealt with," John Kelly says while praising Melania Trump as "wonderful person"
By Jessica Kwong On 5/8/19 at 12:38 PM EDT

Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly said Tuesday that senior White House advisers Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were “an influence that has to be dealt with." At the same time, Kelly complimented first lady Melania Trump, who works in the White House's East Wing, as a “wonderful person.”

Kelly, who was brought in to bring order to the West Wing and served for about 18 months before stepping down late last year, reportedly butted heads with the president’s daughter and son-in-law.

“Was it complicated to have the president’s family in the government at the time?” David Rubenstein of Bloomberg TV's The David Rubenstein Show asked Kelly at the SALT Conference in Las Vegas.

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-kelly-1419508

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Some of us have thought that for two years.

Offline mountaineer

I saw on Facebook where someone I assumed was conservative was pushing an Ivanka/Candace Owens presidential ticket. Why just one conservative (and I don't mean Mrs. Kushner)?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Some of us have thought that for two years.

Count me in that number.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Ivanka Trump and her husband had “grown exasperated” with Kelly, The New York Times reported in March 2018. That month, Vanity Fair reported that Ivanka Trump had complained to a friend about Kelly's downgrading Kushner’s security clearance by saying, “Why do you have to embarrass Jared like that?”

I don’t know. How do you ‘forget’ 100 foreign contacts and require multiple revisions to your clearance submissions?

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-security-clearance-form-684590
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:49:11 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

Jr. was subpoenaed the other day. I'd be very surprised if Kushner doesn't eventually face a subpoena as well.

Kelly had voiced his less the favorable opinion on the Kushner's before.  He has no authority to oust either one of them now.  He had his opportunity; quite possibly DJT told him that they are to stay.  I still question how they even got security clearances.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Considering the general hatred of Donald Trump, I fully understand him wanting people he could trust around him.  Kelly did not like their presence, and I understand that.  But given the situation, he should have adjusted his mindset somewhat to accommodate the president.

His daughter and son in law are liberals, and in part, probably give him some balance to potential extreme positions.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Considering the general hatred of Donald Trump, I fully understand him wanting people he could trust around him.  Kelly did not like their presence, and I understand that.  But given the situation, he should have adjusted his mindset somewhat to accommodate the president.

His daughter and son in law are liberals, and in part, probably give him some balance to potential extreme positions.

Extreme conservative positions?

Offline Absalom

Some are under the delusion that anyone who wears/has worn a military
uniform is/was a military person. Utter nonsense which Kelly affirms. 
The Pentagon is top heavy w/administrative types whose most prominent
attribute is their political instincts.
But for a brief few months in 2003 when Kelley was assigned to Iraq, he
has been a life-long pencil pusher.
Remember that the next time he pontificates about grand strategy!!!

Offline libertybele

Some are under the delusion that anyone who wears/has worn a military
uniform is/was a military person. Utter nonsense which Kelly affirms. 
The Pentagon is top heavy w/administrative types whose most prominent
attribute is their political instincts.
But for a brief few months in 2003 when Kelley was assigned to Iraq, he
has been a life-long pencil pusher.
Remember that the next time he pontificates about grand strategy!!!

Kelly no longer has a say in anything.  He's merely stating his position.  Too bad he didn't actually do something about this when he had authority.  In reality though, how do you kick you're bosses kids out of the House?

Are you talking about the same Kelly?  He was enlisted in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War and then commissioned as an officer. He served at his last military post from 2012 to 2016 as a four-star General leading the U.S. Southern Command; the command responsible for American military operations in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.

Sure, there are those who have or have worn a military uniform that aren't exactly a 'military' type of person, but remember also, that there are many who wear a uniform or who have worn a uniform with great honor and demonstrate tremendous patriotism.  Their sacrifices are many, including being away for long periods of times from their loved ones and some ultimately give their lives. 

I don't know, I think he made a decent Chief of Staff.  I just think he had a difficult boss to work for and Trump's kids should have never been allowed a place in the White House to begin with.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:56:58 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Kelly no longer has a say in anything.  He's merely stating his position.  Too bad he didn't actually do something about this when he had authority.  In reality though, how do you kick you're bosses kids out of the House?

Since they’re advisors and not really staff, he couldn’t fire them. All he could really do was try to limit access, during normal hours. Mulvaney is likely dealing with the same headaches.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

Are you talking about the same Kelly?  He was enlisted in the Marine Corps during the Vietnam War and then commissioned as an officer. He served at his last military post from 2012 to 2016 as a four-star General leading the U.S. Southern Command; the command responsible for American military operations in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.

Sure, there are those who have or have worn a military uniform that aren't exactly a 'military' type of person, but remember also, that there are many who wear a uniform or who have worn a uniform with great honor and demonstrate tremendous patriotism.  Their sacrifices are many, including being away for long periods of times from their loved ones and some ultimately give their lives. 

I don't know, I think he made a decent Chief of Staff.  I just think he had a difficult boss to work for and Trump's kids should have never been allowed a place in the White House to begin with.
---------------------------------
Liberty, respectfully and only an opinion.
Over the last 50 years, Iraq has been our singular military venture,
requiring combat types from privates to senior officers as well as
Kelly's only exposure to war, for a few brief of months.
Southern Command remains a logistics/peacekeeping bureaucracy,
akin to most roles in NATO.
My point is that the likes of Kelly, despite their patriotism, are way
out of their depth advising someone like Trump about the military
impact of their foreign policy decisions.
North Korea, Iran and Venezuela are cases in point.