Author Topic: Liberals' favorite fantasy: The Trump indictment  (Read 149 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberals' favorite fantasy: The Trump indictment
« on: May 09, 2019, 01:50:44 pm »
Liberals' favorite fantasy: The Trump indictment

Matthew Walther
May 8, 2019

Last week a man opened my front door and walked into the house without asking anyone's permission. He took a wallet from a bowl in the kitchen and drove to a local bank, where he used the driver's license and the bank card contained in the wallet to deposit a check he also found there. Then he came back to the house and took a beer from the refrigerator.

How many crimes did he commit? Trespassing? Robbery? Identify theft? Bank fraud? The answer is zero, because I am in fact the man in question, the owner of the house, the person identified by the license, the holder of the bank account into which the check was deposited, and the legal purchaser of the can of Coors. Funny how much of a difference that makes.

This is why I roll my eyes every time I see another story about the possibility of "indicting" President Trump for obstruction of justice — or any other crime. On Monday afternoon some 400 odd ex-prosecutors and former Justice Department officials released an open letter in which they argued that if the president had been "any other person" he would be indicted for "obstructing" an investigation that was, like all federal law enforcement activity, under his authority.

more
https://theweek.com/articles/839908/liberals-favorite-fantasy-trump-indictment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34