Author Topic: 50 Years Later, ABC 'Uncovers' 'Little-Known Story of Mary Jo Kopechne'  (Read 2760 times)

Offline mountaineer

50 Years Later, ABC 'Uncovers' 'Little-Known Story of Mary Jo Kopechne'
 By Alexa Moutevelis Coombs | May 8, 2019 8:05 AM EDT
Almost 10 years after the death of Democrat Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy of Massachusetts, and 50 years after the death of Mary Jo Kopechne  -- and almost two years after a major Hollywood film on the incident -- the media are starting to finally reveal the truth about what happened at Chappaquiddick.

ABC’s 1969 docuseries episode “The Girl in the Car” on Tuesday night finally put the focus on the real victim, Ms. Kopechne (despite Cokie Roberts calling Chappaquiddick “yet another huge tragedy for the Kennedy family” in one cringe-worthy line). ABC’s 20/20 Twitter account promoted, “The little-known story of Mary Jo Kopechne, who died after Senator Ted Kennedy abandoned her in a submerged car. WATCH as #1969ABC uncovers her story…” which begs the question, why is Kopechne’s story so little-known and why is ABC only now uncovering it 50 years later?   ...
Read article at Newsbusters

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
why is ABC only now uncovering it 50 years later?

@mountaineer

Because there are no longer any Kennedy's holding powerful public offices that are in a position to abuse their power. All they have left now are retards and trust funds.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

I think you're right. The Kennedys have been supplanted by even more despicable people in positions of power.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ted killed her.  The press buried her.  There was no justice for Mary Jo.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Kennedys.  Can't drive.  Can't fly.  Can't ski.  Can't commandeer a boat.  But they know best how to run the country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

@mountaineer

Because there are no longer any Kennedy's holding powerful public offices that are in a position to abuse their power. All they have left now are retards and trust funds.

It still pretty much killed any chance of Ted ever becoming President.

Offline Applewood

Seems to me lately, ABC and some of the other networks have been resurrecting a lot of old stories with promises of "new information" or "the untold story" or something.  I believe these networks have rehashed OJ, Ted Bundy, the Menendez brothers and others.  I guess these networks have all run out of current, sensational stories to tell.  It's also likely they have become too lazy to really look into anything juicy unless it involves Trump or some other Republican or conservative.  Notice they have never had anything to say about the Clintons or the Obamas, for example.

Offline goatprairie

Kennedys.  Can't drive.  Can't fly.  Can't ski.  Can't commandeer a boat.  But they know best how to run the country.
You misspelled ruin.  :nono:

Offline goatprairie

Seems to me lately, ABC and some of the other networks have been resurrecting a lot of old stories with promises of "new information" or "the untold story" or something.  I believe these networks have rehashed OJ, Ted Bundy, the Menendez brothers and others.  I guess these networks have all run out of current, sensational stories to tell.  It's also likely they have become too lazy to really look into anything juicy unless it involves Trump or some other Republican or conservative.  Notice they have never had anything to say about the Clintons or the Obamas, for example.
The death/murder of Mary Jo Kopechne by the egotisitical, slimy bast*ard Ted Kennedy was too awful for the media to face head on. There was absolutedly no excuse for what Kennedy did. 
Libs knew that, so they tried to minimize the damage as much as possible by elevating Kennedy to some sort of major statesman/hero of the masses.  But he still remained a slimy bast*rd to the end.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ted killed her.  The press buried her.   

@The Ghost

HEY! Fat Teddy had his drivers license suspended for leaving the scene of a fatal accident that ended in a homicide!

He ended up having to use a chauffeur full-time as a result.

Have you no sympathy for the inconvenience and money this cost him? Where is your heart? 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It still pretty much killed any chance of Ted ever becoming President.

@dfwgator

Mary Jo died to save us all,and they didn't even give her a lousy medal!

Then again,she was really nothing more than a Kennedy sperm deposit,so who really gives a crap? AFAIK,her lousy family never even filed a lawsuit or made a public comment slamming Ted.

THAT is the power of money and politics.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The death/murder of Mary Jo Kopechne by the egotisitical, slimy bast*ard Ted Kennedy was too awful for the media to face head on. There was absolutedly no excuse for what Kennedy did. 

@goatprairie

Yes,there was. Several,in fact. "I was drunk,she was blowing me while I was driving,etc,etc,etc". These same "excuses" from the driver's POV are used in court somewhere every day.

The difference is 99 percent of them get locked away anyhow,but Fat Teddy was always in the 1 percent club. Hell,maybe even the half-percent club because he never even had to give an excuse and AFAIK,was never even charged with her death. He plea-bargained to something like "driving while impaired",and AFAIK,was never even charged with leaving the scene of an accident,never mind manslaughter or reckless homicide.

It didn't even hurt his re-election run.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:56:27 pm by sneakypete »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

Have you no sympathy for the inconvenience and money this cost him? Where is your heart?

LOL!    888high58888

Offline mountaineer

AFAIK,her lousy family never even filed a lawsuit or made a public comment slamming Ted.THAT is the power of money and politics.
Isn't it pretty much assumed the Kennedys paid them off preemptively?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Isn't it pretty much assumed the Kennedys paid them off preemptively?

@mountaineer

I would call it a certainty more than an assumption. Especially after their parish priest made a visit to their house to remind them that Fat Ted was "doing GAWDS WORK!",and imply they would burn in hell if they didn't remain silent.

And why wouldn't they? After all,they were  highly moral people,and it was just a daughter,right?

rangerrebew

50 Years Later, ABC 'Uncovers' 'Little-Known Story of Mary Jo Kopechne'
By Alexa Moutevelis Coombs | May 8, 2019 8:05 AM EDT

Almost 10 years after the death of Democrat Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy of Massachusetts, and 50 years after the death of Mary Jo Kopechne  -- and almost two years after a major Hollywood film on the incident -- the media are starting to finally reveal the truth about what happened at Chappaquiddick.

ABC’s 1969 docuseries episode “The Girl in the Car” on Tuesday night finally put the focus on the real victim, Ms. Kopechne (despite Cokie Roberts calling Chappaquiddick “yet another huge tragedy for the Kennedy family” in one cringe-worthy line). ABC’s 20/20 Twitter account promoted, “The little-known story of Mary Jo Kopechne, who died after Senator Ted Kennedy abandoned her in a submerged car. WATCH as #1969ABC uncovers her story…” which begs the question, why is Kopechne’s story so little-known and why is ABC only now uncovering it 50 years later?

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/alexa-moutevelis-coombs/2019/05/08/50-years-later-abc-uncovers-little-known-story-mary

Offline kidd

which begs the question, why is Kopechne’s story so little-known and why is ABC only now uncovering it 50 years later?
Any good conservative knows the answer to this one

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I have never forgotten this Ted Kennedy atrocity and seethed with anger that he remained in the Senate.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Mod1

Merged threads

Offline Applewood

I have never forgotten this Ted Kennedy atrocity and seethed with anger that he remained in the Senate.

I'd like to think Kennedy paid for this atrocity in the afterlife. 

Online Wingnut

Teds dead.  May he have a pineapple shoved up him every night in hell....and ask for another one.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Teds dead.  May he have a pineapple shoved up him every night in hell....and ask for another one.

...until he LOVES IT!!!!!    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

He would have had to pay off the local Coroner and a Penn Funeral Home to get her body out of Mass without an Autopsy, which would have shown her pregnancy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

I have never forgotten the Ted Kennedy who got kicked out of Harvard for cheating.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have never forgotten the Ted Kennedy who got kicked out of Harvard for cheating.

@Hoodat

Notice how he never bragged about obtaining the rank of E-4 as a MP in Germany? His family no doubt used their influence to get him sent to Germany instead of Korea.