Author Topic: Students storm out of Colorado school shooting vigil in protest of politicians  (Read 819 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 888high58888

It isn't Gun Control. It is mental Health.  The kids get it.

They then stormed out of the vigil after Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet and Democratic Congressman Jason Crow addressed the crowd.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/students-storm-out-of-colorado-school-shooting-vigil-in-protest-of-politicians/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Well, we all knew it wouldn't take long for the gun control (confiscation) advocates to turn this tragedy into a political statement.  This shooting proved that so-called "common sense gun control" doesn't work, so they will now try to ban private ownership of firearms altogether.  Trouble is, such a complete ban won't work either.  School shooters, gang bangers and terrorists will still have their firearms.  The average law abiding citizen will be left unprotected.

Happy to see smart kids who know what the real problem is. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
888high58888

It isn't Gun Control. It is mental Health.  The kids get it.

They then stormed out of the vigil after Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet and Democratic Congressman Jason Crow addressed the crowd.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/09/students-storm-out-of-colorado-school-shooting-vigil-in-protest-of-politicians/

@The Ghost

I have to admit to being shocked it was school kids in Denver that stood up over this. There is no city in America more solidly Dim than Denver.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@The Ghost

I have to admit to being shocked it was school kids in Denver that stood up over this. There is no city in America more solidly Dim than Denver.
@sneakypete

Tell me about it.  Shocked me too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
When you have been through a tragedy, you don't want it to be used by people for their own purposes. The Virginia Tech Police had to toss out the Scientologists after the shooting.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
We can’t be used as a reason for gun control. We are people, not a statement

Exactly!!!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The 'Gen-Z' kids are not Millennials. Their parents are mostly Gen-X and raised generally more conservative.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@The Ghost

Kids will look around and see the BS for what it is--especially kids in a school where the emphasis is on science Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. That group are sharp, grounded in facts, and not as susceptible to the hogwash the liberals are spewing as those in a less fact-based curriculum.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Zman516

@The Ghost

Highlands ranch is in Douglas County and pretty well removed from the Leftist Denver RAThole. 

Leftist idiots like Polis, Crow and Bennett DO NOT want there to be a solution to school shootings. It's their main tool to try to force gun confiscation. Deep in their little black hearts they PRAY to their master (satan) for more school shootings. The solution to the problem is obvious. (That's why they don't want it) Armed teachers and/or LEO's along with getting rid of the ridiculous "Gun Free Zone" policy and replacing it with signs in every school that ensure any armed intruder will be shot on sight by armed personnel on duty.  Even if a school didn't have armed personnel on duty, the gutless little punks would then have to wonder if they "feel lucky". (with a nod to Dirty Harry)
Truth is the new hate-speech.