Author Topic: University of Wisconsin Student Held Swastika Sign During Israel Independence Event to 'Spark a Conv  (Read 761 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Out of consideration for others, some articles I figure, why post? But this next one is so outrageous... really. It's beyond belief, what in the world? ... but in this case?

University of Wisconsin Student Held Swastika Sign During Israel Independence Event to 'Spark a Conversation'
By Jenni Fink On 5/8/19 at 3:39 PM EDT

During a pro-Israel event at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Monday, a man displayed a sign with a swastika on it. While the event organizer believed his intention was to “spark a conversation,” she said there were different approaches he could have taken.

To commemorate Yom Haatzmaut, Israel Independence Day, the university’s chapter of Students Supporting Israel held an event in front of the Golda Meir Library, named after Israel’s first and only female prime minister. While some students came by for free food or to see Artists 4 Israel, an organization that affects social change through various art forms, at work, one student brought a sign that had a swastika on one side and the word “gas” on the other.

Days before the event, a drone dropped fliers containing swastikas and hateful messages on California State University, Sacramento’s campus. An FBI report found an almost 40 percent increase in hate crimes against Jewish people in 2018 and prominent figures have raised concerns about growing anti-Semitism in America.

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/university-wisconsin-swastika-sign-israel-independence-event-1419766

I mean, this is just nuts, especially that in Wisc. and then, the kid (I assume) seemed pretty oblivious to his act, said he'd act differently. Sheesh. At least, this UW Milwaukee apparently has a Golda Meir library.  But it's crazy.

Online dfwgator

The only "conversation" this jerk deserves is one with somebody's fists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
"Spark a conversation". I'll take really stupid things leftards say for $400, Alex.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Agreed, dfw.
Some actions simply cannot be settled nonviolently.
Whether they be actions by individuals, or by the governments of states.
This is going to become even more apparent within the next 5-10 years.