Author Topic: Cracks appear in Trump's coalition  (Read 847 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cracks appear in Trump's coalition
« on: May 09, 2019, 12:26:47 am »
Cracks appear in Trump's coalition
By Reid Wilson - 05/08/19 08:02 PM EDT

A key pillar of President Trump’s winning 2016 coalition is beginning to lose faith in his job performance, threatening his path to reelection in several states that were critical to his victory.

Three years ago, Trump became the first Republican to win Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania in decades, in part on the strength of his performance among a handful of voters who had backed former President Obama in 2012.

Two-thirds of those Obama-Trump voters say they see Trump favorably heading into his reelection campaign — but that number has fallen by 19 percentage points since 2016, according to a new survey by the Voter Study Group.

Obama-Trump voters tend to be disproportionately located in the Midwest. They are most likely to be members of the white working class who never attained a college degree, said Robert Griffin, the Voter Study Group’s research director.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/442811-cracks-appear-in-trumps-coalition
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

Re: Cracks appear in Trump's coalition
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 12:29:41 am »
Like who are they going to vote for?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 01:11:42 am »

If they were Obama supporters they have plenty to pick from.  Biden?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 01:14:15 am »

I still think there may be a chance that Trump won't seek re-election.  If that happens, I don't see Pence running either.  Who does the GOP have then that is willing to run?  Possibly Mittens?  Maybe Liz Cheney??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 01:19:17 am »
I still think there may be a chance that Trump won't seek re-election.  If that happens, I don't see Pence running either.  Who does the GOP have then that is willing to run?  Possibly Mittens?  Maybe Liz Cheney??

Oh those sound so great.  Much sarcasm.   
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 01:24:58 am »

Oh those sound so great.  Much sarcasm.

There is a coup going on ... I believe perhaps more than one.  In reality if Trump doesn't seek re-election, there isn't a whole lot of time to put a campaign together and a ton of money is going to be needed.

Take down Trump and the DEMS win.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 01:40:32 am »
I'll do it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 02:05:50 am »
There is a coup going on ... I believe perhaps more than one.  In reality if Trump doesn't seek re-election, there isn't a whole lot of time to put a campaign together and a ton of money is going to be needed.

Take down Trump and the DEMS win.

Didn't Dems just win Congress?  If you think that Trump is the glue holding GOP together I think your mistaken.  I could have supported him but he sabotaged at every turn his own presidency.  Make no mistake.  He has given the Democrats nearly everything they have wanted.  Folded on asylum.  Folded on debt.  The country needs bankruptcy the way he did in his own business with all the debt he signed up for.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 02:30:31 am »
Only way Trump gets re-elected will be if the economy remains firing on all cylinders.  I see the FED working against him, along with the media and the elites of both parties.  If the economy is slowed down, he will struggle to get re-elected.

I believe HRC enters the race, wins the nomination quickly and challenges Trump in a real race.  Economy good - Trump wins; economy bad or slowing, she has a shot.

This is not a lock for Trump.  Plus, he could bail, and say enough is enough.  I think Romney is banking on that plus any reason to not have Trump running for him to step in.  Cruz would run too.  And the moron from Ohio, John Kasich, the mailman's son.  And let's not forget about Little Marko!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 10:20:49 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 02:49:35 am »
ONly way Trump gets re-elected will be if the economy remains firing on all cylinders.  I see the FED working against him, along withthe media and the elite of both parties.  If the economy is slowed down, he will struggle to get re-elected.

I believe HRC enters the race, wins the nomination quickly and challenges Trump in a real race.  Economy good - Trump wins; economy bad or slowing, she has a shot.

This is not a lock for Trump.  Plus, he could bail, and say enough is enough.  I think Romney is banking on that plus any reason to not have Trump running for him to step in.  Cruz would run too.  And the moron from Ohio, John Kasich, the mailman's son.  And let's not forget about Little Marko!

I must be in the twilight Zone.  Cruz should run.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 03:39:48 am »

Might as well vote 3rd party, because none of those guys would have a shot in the general.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 03:46:52 am »
   IF Trump decides not to run, I'll kick Mittins azz.

@LegalAmerican
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 11:02:57 am »

Didn't Dems just win Congress?  If you think that Trump is the glue holding GOP together I think your mistaken.  I could have supported him but he sabotaged at every turn his own presidency.  Make no mistake.  He has given the Democrats nearly everything they have wanted.  Folded on asylum.  Folded on debt.  The country needs bankruptcy the way he did in his own business with all the debt he signed up for.

???? Glue that's holding the GOP together ??? Not in that sense at all! I'm merely pointing out that I don't believe that there is anyone who has the money to challenge him.  He hasn't announced that he's stepping down, nor have the RINO's and DEMS taken him down yet.  Time continues on leaving less time for any GOP to jump in to a campaign in 2020.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, he's folded on amnesty, asylum, the debt, the wall, etc., etc.  IMHO he may have prevented Hillary from physically being seated in the oval office, but he also prevented a true conservative from taking the spot.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 11:13:43 am »
   IF zz.

"Imagine thousands of “courageous conservatives” standing up and saying “we demand our liberty.”!...........The power of the American people “knows no bounds,” and “God isn’t done with America yet.”......"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:14:51 am by libertybele »

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2019, 10:10:06 pm »
The Hill

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 10:30:33 pm »
Cruz has limited appeal in my humble opinion.  Romney has an exaggerated sense of his electability....beyond belief.

The entire political and media world is hunting for Trump's head on a platter.  He may just get tired of all the BS, and decide to pull the plug.  Even the Republicans have not worked with him in Congress. 

In 2018, Trump was not running, and I believe the results reflected that.  Assuming he does stay in the race in 2020, as long as the economy is still hot, he will raise all the boats for the Republicans.  All Republicans running that are not RINOs will benefit.

Until the perps involved in the coup of Trump from the last election are indicted, I am fearful they remain free to plot another coup, which would include a potentially bloody outcome.  Barr has to move swiftly on all that.  Time is of the essence.  The Democommies are so quick to make comparisons between Trump and Hitler.  You can bet there are a few von Stauffenbergs in the mix, and no telling what they are capable of to gain power.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 10:34:06 pm »
   IF Trump decides not to run, I'll kick Mittins azz.

@LegalAmerican

When did Ted Cruz turn into Billy Gibbons?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 10:41:17 pm »
When did Ted Cruz turn into Billy Gibbons?

I sort of like it.   :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 11:16:30 pm »
Cruz has limited appeal in my humble opinion.  Romney has an exaggerated sense of his electability....beyond belief.

The entire political and media world is hunting for Trump's head on a platter.  He may just get tired of all the BS, and decide to pull the plug.  Even the Republicans have not worked with him in Congress. 

In 2018, Trump was not running, and I believe the results reflected that.  Assuming he does stay in the race in 2020, as long as the economy is still hot, he will raise all the boats for the Republicans.  All Republicans running that are not RINOs will benefit.

Until the perps involved in the coup of Trump from the last election are indicted, I am fearful they remain free to plot another coup, which would include a potentially bloody outcome.  Barr has to move swiftly on all that.  Time is of the essence.  The Democommies are so quick to make comparisons between Trump and Hitler.  You can bet there are a few von Stauffenbergs in the mix, and no telling what they are capable of to gain power.

I believe Cruz has tremendous appeal among conservatives.  Trump has credibility issues now that he has FAILED BIGLY on the wall, asylum, amnesty, etc.  He may still get the votes, but he needs to expand his base which may be a problem.  Given what is now known, I believe Cruz would beat him, though I don't think Cruz has any intention of running.  One of his objectives in running last time was to ensure that conservatives were seated on the bench and to some degree that objective has been fulfilled.  The other was retaining our sovereignty.  Trump has brought about a disaster at the border and he's already given Mexico another year -- so that's been squelched and I don't see Cruz jumping in to the flames.  Secondly, I believe that the RINO's and the DEMS still hate him as much as they do Trump.

Now, (and I realize it's not going to happen) if Cruz were to be Trump's VP -- the DEMS wouldn't stand a chance.  I believe it would be an overwhelming defeat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 11:52:29 pm »
???? Glue that's holding the GOP together ??? Not in that sense at all! I'm merely pointing out that I don't believe that there is anyone who has the money to challenge him.  He hasn't announced that he's stepping down, nor have the RINO's and DEMS taken him down yet.  Time continues on leaving less time for any GOP to jump in to a campaign in 2020. Yes, you are absolutely correct, he's folded on amnesty, asylum, the debt, the wall, etc., etc.  IMHO he may have prevented Hillary from physically being seated in the oval office, but he also prevented a true conservative from taking the spot.
@libertybele

You said, "...but he also prevented a true conservative from taking the spot."

You are exactly right.  Any of our "real" Republican candidates could have beaten Clinton.  It is Trump, with a severe personality disorder, who has brought chaos down on the Republican Party and, I hope does not start a war due to Russia/China/N. Korea/Iran who don't love him enough.  Except for:  He will not start a war with Russia because Putin has something on him.  I have cause to know what Trump did.  Plus, something happened with Deutsche Bank when Trump could not get a loan from any other bank.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 12:44:30 am »
@libertybele

You are exactly right.  Any of our "real" Republican candidates could have beaten Clinton.  It is Trump, with a severe personality disorder, who has brought chaos down on the Republican Party and, I hope does not start a war due to Russia/China/N. Korea/Iran who don't love him enough.  Except for:  He will not start a war with Russia because Putin has something on him.  I have cause to know what Trump did.  Plus, something happened with Deutsche Bank when Trump could not get a loan from any other bank.

Well, I suppose we are back to square one, not that it really matters as he was nominated and is our President.  But there is no denying his record of thousands of lawsuits and numerous loans.  In his early years 70 banks  lent Trump nearly $4 billion, and he had numerous  corporate bankruptcies and as a result most major banks declined to lend to him again, with the exception of Deutsche Bank. Why they lent to him is not on record, only that he sued them during his campaign to keep them quiet about his finances.

Deutsche Bank is German based, and my guess perhaps Trump has some kind of relationship with them due to his family's German heritage?

The Trumps and the Clintons ran in the same liberal circle and I am inclined to believe he's helped to insulate them from their corruption.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2019, 01:02:11 am »
???? Glue that's holding the GOP together ??? Not in that sense at all! I'm merely pointing out that I don't believe that there is anyone who has the money to challenge him.  He hasn't announced that he's stepping down, nor have the RINO's and DEMS taken him down yet.  Time continues on leaving less time for any GOP to jump in to a campaign in 2020.

Yes, you are absolutely correct, he's folded on amnesty, asylum, the debt, the wall, etc., etc.  IMHO he may have prevented Hillary from physically being seated in the oval office, but he also prevented a true conservative from taking the spot.

There are a couple challengers.  I won't mention them because I am not impressed.  (putting it lightly).  Trump is a train ready to derail.  Hopefully someone will step up.

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 01:06:51 am »
@libertybele

An interesting article for what it's worth by the NY Times on the  long relationship between Trump and Deutsche Bank.

A Mar-a-Lago Weekend and an Act of God: Trump’s History With Deutsche Bank

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/business/trump-deutsche-bank.html

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:10:44 am by libertybele »