Author Topic: Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenas Donald Trump Jr.: Report  (Read 559 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenas Donald Trump Jr.: Report
by Zachary Halaschak
 | May 08, 2019 05:18 PM

A day after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the Senate floor to declare “ case closed” about the Russia investigation, reports surfaced that the Senate Intelligence Committee has issued a subpoena for Donald Trump Jr.

The committee, which is Republican-led, issued the subpoena in order to get answers about Trump’s prior testimony before Senate investigators during the Russia investigation, according to Axios.

In September 2017, Trump Jr. testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee about proposed real estate plans for a Trump Organization project in Moscow. During testimony Trump Jr. said he was just “peripherally aware” of the plans. In a January interview on Fox News he claimed he knew little of the project, saying that President Trump’s former personal attorney and fixer Michael Cohen was behind the discussions.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate-intelligence-committee-subpoenas-donald-trump-jr-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenas Donald Trump Jr.: Report
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 11:28:31 pm »
Pointless and stupid.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 11:32:35 pm »
Looks like Mitch needs to reconsider some committee assignments.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 11:37:57 pm »
Looks like Mitch needs to reconsider some committee assignments.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), one of President Trump’s closest Senate allies, swiped at Sen. Richard Burr (N.C.), the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, for prolonging the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Is he one of the anti-Trump brigade?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 12:15:06 am »
The walls are closing in.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 12:24:34 am »
Sasse Rubio and Collins are on the committee.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 12:29:17 am »
For what?

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 12:30:36 am »
Sasse Rubio and Collins are on the committee.

I quess that's the best committee to stick those that lack commonsense.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 12:30:47 am »
So when does Hunter Biden get subpoenaed?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 01:09:49 am »
The walls are closing in.

It sure seem so.  At first I thought this was fake news until most of the MSM started reporting.  Things are not looking good, especially since Barr is being charged with contempt.  Waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I suspect that Kushner will be subpoenaed as well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 07:52:15 pm »
Trump Jr. unlikely to comply with Senate Intel subpoena: report
By Justin Wise - 05/09/19 03:28 PM EDT

President Trump's eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., is reportedly unlikely to comply with a subpoena from the Senate Intelligence Committee for his testimony about his communication with Russian officials.

Reuters, citing two congressional sources, reported Thursday afternoon that Trump Jr. would likely refuse to comply with the subpoena by invoking his Fifth Amendment rights to avoid self-incrimination.

The Hill has reached out to a representative to Trump Jr. for comment. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The report comes as the president on Thursday defended his eldest son, saying he was "surprised" to see the GOP-led panel had subpoenaed Trump Jr., who had testified behind closed doors before the House and Senate Intelligence committees in late 2017 as part of their probes into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442982-trump-jr-unlikely-to-comply-with-senate-panel-subpoena-report
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 07:53:39 pm »
Trump 'surprised' Senate Intelligence subpoenaed his son
By Brett Samuels and Morgan Chalfant - 05/09/19 12:47 PM EDT

President Trump said Thursday he was “very surprised” to learn his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., was subpoenaed by the GOP-run Senate Intelligence Committee.

“Frankly for my son, after being exonerated, to now get a subpoena to go again and speak again after close to 20 hours of telling everybody that would listen about a nothing meeting, yeah I’m surprised,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

He asserted that Trump Jr. is a “good person,” but declined to say whether he should fight the subpoena.

“I was very surprised. I saw Richard Burr saying there was no collusion two or three weeks ago," Trump said, referring to the North Carolina GOP senator who is chairman of the Intelligence Committee. "He went outside and somebody asked, ‘no there was no collusion, we found no collusion.’"

"But I was very surprised to see my son — my son’s a very good person. Works very hard. The last thing he needs is Washington, D.C."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/442932-trump-surprised-senate-intelligence-subpoenaed-his-son
Support the USO