Author Topic: Dems say NYT report on Trump's business losses boosts need to see president's tax returns  (Read 274 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems say NYT report on Trump's business losses boosts need to see president's tax returns
By Naomi Jagoda - 05/08/19 05:22 PM EDT

Congressional Democrats are seizing on a New York Times article published Tuesday that found President Trump reported more than $1 billion in business losses from 1985 to 1994, saying the report enhances the need for the Trump administration to comply with their request for Trump's recent tax returns.

"It does tell us … that it would be useful to see his tax returns," Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said at an event on Wednesday hosted by The Washington Post.

Pelosi noted that the statute under which Democrats requested Trump's tax returns states that the Treasury Secretary "shall" provide requested returns.

"It doesn't say 'may,' 'should,' 'could' [or] 'under certain circumstances,'" Pelosi said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/442796-dems-say-new-york-times-article-boosts-need-to-see-trumps-tax-returns
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Of course they do.  Totally predictable.

Offline bilo

Pretty impressive how he bounced back. I've seen a lot of developers do one too many projects and when the market turned were wiped out.

It's to bad we live in an age where most people don't appreciate the risk takers. I'm glad I grew up in an age where we thought highly of the successful and wanted to surpass them ourselves.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home