Author Topic: Pelosi: Jails Will Be ‘Overcrowded’ If We Start Arresting Trump Officials  (Read 286 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Jails Will Be ‘Overcrowded’ If We Start Arresting Trump Officials
‘We would have overcrowded jail situation, and I’m not for that’
May 8, 2019 8:28 AM
By Tom Elliott

TRANSCRIPT:

COSTA: “How far can you go on that front, Speaker Pelosi? Could you hold the Secretary of Treasury Steven Mnuchin in contempt? Some Democrats have even raised the prospect of arresting the Treasury secretary if he does not comply with congressional demands?”

PELOSI: “Well, let me just say that we — (Applause) — we do have a jail down in the basement of the Capitol. (Laughter) But if we were arresting all of the people in the administration — (Laughter) — we would have overcrowded jail situation, and I’m not for that. But I think again, getting to the committee, Richie Neal, the chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, he has a path — again all of this is so low and precedent-based to do the right thing as we go forward. And there are several options. One of them is to go directly to court.”

COSTA: “So it’s probably going to be settled in court?” [crosstalk]

PELOSI: “We will see what the chairman announces because that’s the way we do it.”

https://news.grabien.com/story-pelosi-if-we-were-arresting-all-people-admin-we-would-have-o
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Prison overcrowding?  I know how this movie ends.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Prison overcrowding?  I know how this movie ends.

After she finishes with members of the administration she'll turn her attention to anyone wearing eyeglasses.