Author Topic: Attempt to hack email server stunned Clinton aide, FBI files show  (Read 398 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Attempt to hack email server stunned Clinton aide, FBI files show

By Gregg Re | Fox News

"omg."

That was the three-letter response from top Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin -- familiar Internet shorthand for "Oh my God!" -- when Justin Cooper, the technology pro overseeing Clinton's private home-based email servers, told her shortly after midnight on Jan. 9, 2011, that "someone was trying to hack us."

The revelation was contained in a trove of newly released, partially redacted FBI documents from the agency's investigation into whether Clinton mishandled classified information -- a probe known as the "Midyear Exam." The document release reveals numerous episodes in which the Clinton team either suspected it had been hacked or seemingly acknowledged that security measures had come up short.

In a tense email exchange, Cooper wrote to Abedin at 2:57 a.m. Sunday: "I had to shut down the server. Someone was trying to hack us and while they did not get in i didnt want to let them have the chance to. I will restart in the morning."

At 6:30 the next morning, Abedin wrote to State Department officials -- including Clinton's chief of staff at the time, Cheryl Mills -- "Don't email hrc [Hillary Rodham Clinton] anything sensitive. I can explain more in person."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/attempt-to-hack-email-server-stunned-clinton-aide-fbi-files-show

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Attempt to hack email server stunned Clinton aide, FBI files show
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 02:33:01 pm »
I wasn't aware that Justin Cooper had the proper security clearance to oversee classified information.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-