Author Topic: Texas House Approves Ban on Red-Light Cameras  (Read 751 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas House Approves Ban on Red-Light Cameras
« on: May 08, 2019, 11:55:24 am »
Texas Scorecard By Brandon Waltens May 7, 2019

The legislation marks the first bill passed out of the chamber by State Rep. Jonathan Stickland, who is currently serving his fourth term in the Texas House.

On Tuesday night, the Texas House gave approval to legislation to end red-light cameras in the state of Texas.

House Bill 1631 by State Rep. Jonathan Stickland (R–Bedford) seeks to end the practice statewide and made waves in the Texas Capitol earlier this session after the bill garnered over 100 bipartisan coauthors shortly after being filed.

The House must give final approval to the bill tomorrow before sending the legislation to the Senate, where a similar bill by State Sen. Bob Hall (R–Edgewood) has been eligible for consideration for the past week on the Senate’s Intent Calendar.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-house-approves-ban-on-red-light-cameras/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Texas House Approves Ban on Red-Light Cameras
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 12:48:42 pm »
Texas Scorecard By Brandon Waltens May 7, 2019

The legislation marks the first bill passed out of the chamber by State Rep. Jonathan Stickland, who is currently serving his fourth term in the Texas House.

On Tuesday night, the Texas House gave approval to legislation to end red-light cameras in the state of Texas.

House Bill 1631 by State Rep. Jonathan Stickland (R–Bedford) seeks to end the practice statewide and made waves in the Texas Capitol earlier this session after the bill garnered over 100 bipartisan coauthors shortly after being filed.

The House must give final approval to the bill tomorrow before sending the legislation to the Senate, where a similar bill by State Sen. Bob Hall (R–Edgewood) has been eligible for consideration for the past week on the Senate’s Intent Calendar.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-house-approves-ban-on-red-light-cameras/

Thumbs up on neutering this intrusive practice., which was nothing more than a lazy speed trap for revenue enhancement.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 01:06:16 pm »
Thumbs up on neutering this intrusive practice., which was nothing more than a lazy speed trap for revenue enhancement.
Yeah, that is the case, at least until someone is able to make the case that this saves lives.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:47:45 pm »
Yeah, that is the case, at least until someone is able to make the case that this saves lives.

Yep.  The camera companies trotted out that old "saves lives/reduces accidents" canard when the sold there systems of robbery to local municipalities. 

I believe there was a study that showed rear end collisions increased at intersections where redlight cameras were installed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 02:06:19 pm »
Good riddance.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 09:52:36 pm »
Yep.  The camera companies trotted out that old "saves lives/reduces accidents" canard when the sold there systems of robbery to local municipalities. 

I believe there was a study that showed rear end collisions increased at intersections where redlight cameras were installed.
Yep, the case was never made.  Just the claim.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 04:41:39 pm »

If I remember correctly, that also included shortened yellow light intervals to increase revenue as well.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 05:08:45 pm »
If I remember correctly, that also included shortened yellow light intervals to increase revenue as well.

I believe you are correct on that too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.