Author Topic: 'They Dropped Me Off in a Jungle for Nine Months.' Now This Green Beret and Others Are Starting Com  (Read 233 times)

rangerrebew

'They Dropped Me Off in a Jungle for Nine Months.'

Now This Green Beret and Others Are Starting Companies Back Home
In the towns around Fort Bragg, North Carolina, retired Special Forces soldiers apply to their companies what they learned in combat.
By Leigh BuchananEditor-at-large, Inc. magazine

In 2013, Micah Niebauer faced the depressing prospect of a life stripped of thrills. He and his friends Jason Ginos and John Brumer had returned from a counter-insurgency mission in Afghanistan, their last overseas detachment as Army Special Forces (colloquially known as Green Berets) deployed out of Fort Bragg, North Carolina. The military had promoted or moved them from their operational roles to instructor, staff, or command jobs. In the future, they would no longer lead people into combat.

"I was going to miss the autonomy of being on the ground and the thrill of going on patrol and not knowing what would happen that day," Niebauer says. "I thought, what could provide me a similar sense of fulfillment and excitement in my life?"

https://www.inc.com/leigh-buchanan/fort-bragg-north-carolina-green-berets-small-business-week-2019.html