Author Topic: Helmet Cam Footage Clears Navy SEAL Accused of Killing ISIS Fighter: Lawyer  (Read 307 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Helmet Cam Footage Clears Navy SEAL Accused of Killing ISIS Fighter: Lawyer
by Task and Purpose

"NSW is committed to a fair and transparent military judicial process, for all involved," Cmdr. Tamara Lawrence said. "I'm not going to comment on evidence being circulated outside the legal proceedings. Defense counsel will have the opportunity to present their case at the court martial."

The civilian attorney for Navy SEAL Chief Eddie Gallagher said he will show lawmakers video footage on Wednesday that destroys prosecutors' case against his client.

Gallagher is accused of killing a wounded ISIS fighter during the 2017 battle for Mosul, but helmet camera footage from other members of his platoon show Gallagher actually tried to save the fighter's life, said Timothy Parlatore.

"It shows that Chief Gallagher's immediate reaction was not to murder him but rather to help him," Parlatore told Task & Purpose on Monday. "After all that, why would he take out his knife and stab him?"

Read more at: https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/helmet-cam-footage-clears-navy-seal-accused-killing-isis-fighter-lawyer-56307

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, the question is who in the Navy would want Gallagher out of the picture and why?  Someone is risking their career to get him out of the picture.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis