Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg says America was never that great  (Read 2535 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Pete Buttigieg says America was never that great
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2019, 07:15:32 pm »
And that he is - if you define traditionalist as one who makes marital vows and sticks to them.   
That's a nice expression of support,  but Pete isn't really married. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 07:33:16 pm »
Are you going to lump Reagan in there too, since he was divorced?

This isn't a matter of politics.   Buttigieg is a progressive,  but from all accounts he's stuck to his marital vows.   Trump may talk of family values, but he's broken his vows time and again. 

I raise the issue only because a previous post decried homosexuality as a threat to the Family Unit and Natural Law.   But Buttigieg has pledged, and apparently kept, marital vows to his spouse the same as I have (and, I assume, you as well).  On that score,  Buttigieg's sinned less than Reagan did,  and Trump blows them both out of the water.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 07:39:10 pm »
And that he is - if you define traditionalist as one who makes marital vows and sticks to them.   

*****rollingeyes*****  Gay "marriage" is not nor will it ever be "traditional" in any way shape or form.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 07:39:38 pm »
This isn't a matter of politics.   Buttigieg is a progressive,  but from all accounts he's stuck to his marital vows.   Trump may talk of family values, but he's broken his vows time and again. 

I raise the issue only because a previous post decried homosexuality as a threat to the Family Unit and Natural Law.   But Buttigieg has pledged, and apparently kept, marital vows to his spouse the same as I have (and, I assume, you as well).  On that score,  Buttigieg's sinned less than Reagan did,  and Trump blows them both out of the water.

Bless your Progressive heart.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 07:41:54 pm »

Well then Jimmy Carter has them all beat,  married to Roslyn for how many years now,  without a trace of marital scandal.

But that doesn't change the fact that he sucked as President.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2019, 07:47:11 pm »

Marriage for thousands of years was set up by custom, tradition, and religion as between a man and a women as  the natural, right way doing things to set up a family.
If you alter traditional marriage between two people of the same sex for which it was definitely not meant, you can okay it for any of a number of things like people marrying their children or their pets.....or themselves as one idiot has done recently.
In short, it is not marriage as has been known for thousands of years.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2019, 08:00:05 pm »
Well then Jimmy Carter has them all beat,  married to Roslyn for how many years now,  without a trace of marital scandal.

But that doesn't change the fact that he sucked as President.

He "lusted"!   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2019, 08:14:34 pm »
Marriage for thousands of years was set up by custom, tradition, and religion as between a man and a women as  the natural, right way doing things to set up a family.
If you alter traditional marriage between two people of the same sex for which it was definitely not meant, you can okay it for any of a number of things like people marrying their children or their pets.....or themselves as one idiot has done recently.
In short, it is not marriage as has been known for thousands of years.

^^^^ This!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2019, 08:25:26 pm »
This isn't a matter of politics.   Buttigieg is a progressive,  but from all accounts he's stuck to his marital vows.   
:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2019, 08:30:50 pm »
:silly:
Yeah, you could take the 'stuck' thing literally....Would that make him a Prodgressive?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2019, 08:32:59 pm »
This isn't a matter of politics.   Buttigieg is a progressive,  but from all accounts he's stuck to his marital vows.   

Well, even if you want to call it a "marriage," seeing that they were "married" on June 16, 2018, you are pointing out 10 months of assumed "fidelity."  Is that a notable length of time in the homosexual community?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2019, 08:33:51 pm »
Homosexuality is not a threat to the Family Unit.   Divorce is.   I wish that Christian conservatives would devote as much time to addressing the epidemic of heterosexual divorce as they do to decrying that small number of homosexuals who want to live openly and unashamedly with their partners. 

I know why Buttigieg wants to debate family values with Trump - so he can compare and contrast his happy and presumably monogamous marriage with that of a thrice-married Trump who has consorted with prostitutes.   Why don't those concerned with sin focus on promiscuity, adultery and the breaking of sacred marital vows?   Why make an issue of two gays who choose to go the traditional route and marry?
------------------------------------
As an opinion site, all are permitted no matter how absurd.
The Natural Law, articulated by the likes of Aristotle and Plato
identified the self-sustaining Family Unit as the rock of civilization
and the template for all governance, from Monarchy to Republic.
Their ageless wisdom has been reinforced through the ages by the
Scholastics, by the Renaissance, by the Classical Whigs and others.
But moderns w/heads embedded in their kiester are at war w/the
Natural Law, insisting homosexual relationships are acceptable.
A quick glance at the condition of modern culture/society destroys that.
Further, there is nothing gay or traditional about homosexual relationships.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:56:13 am by Absalom »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2019, 08:40:51 pm »

And how do you know that the traditionalist Pete will still be married next year? Or next month, for that matter.

I imagine gay relationships split up at an even greater rate than straights because of the psychological and sociological issues surrounding homosexuality.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2019, 08:46:58 pm »
Putting his gayness aside and back to the topic at hand..... his campaign rhetoric reeks of desperation. 

Offline aligncare

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2019, 08:49:57 pm »
Putting his gayness aside and back to the topic at hand..... his campaign rhetoric reeks of desperation.

I think grandpa Joe’s ramblings on race actually holds the record for desperation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 08:51:39 pm by aligncare »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2019, 09:00:19 pm »
The gay mayor stated that he has more governmental experience than Trump. He seems to equate being a small town mayor to the presidency. One more example of his clouded thinking- as if thinking he's "married" weren't enough.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2019, 09:01:19 pm »
I think grandpa Joe’s ramblings on race actually holds the record for desperation.

One thing is for certain.....It is going to be a race to see who will reek the most desperation as the implosions commence on the clown bus.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2019, 09:30:53 pm »
One thing is for certain.....It is going to be a race to see who will reek the most desperation as the implosions commence on the clown bus.

I haven’t seen this much pandering since they released Avengers: Endgame.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2019, 10:03:44 pm »
Marriage for thousands of years was set up by custom, tradition, and religion as between a man and a women as  the natural, right way doing things to set up a family....

Some of us would say "by God," too.

Offline berdie

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2019, 10:33:53 pm »
I can guarantee you that I'm sick and tired of politicians peddling the "America was never great" bs.

Why would someone say that and run for president?

I have a great idea, Pete, pack your happy butt up...and leave.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2019, 10:47:09 pm »
Dude, that's just gay.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2019, 05:24:26 am »
I can guarantee you that I'm sick and tired of politicians peddling the "America was never great" bs.

Even if Mayor Pete believes it is true...what a stupid thing to say unless he's trying to shed supporters. ranks right up there with "You didn't build that," and "basket of deplorables." 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2019, 11:50:23 am »
Yesterday, I posted a story about a WWII vet who passed away on his return home from an "Honor Flight."  It made me think Pete must never have met a member of the Greatest Generation.  That generation endured the Great Depression, went to hell and back fighting in World War II and made this nation strong.  Unfortunately, the younger generation like Pete have managed to screw up this country and I don't know if it will ever be strong again.  Yes, I know Pete served in naval intelligence, but today's armed forces have been messed up by primadonnas like him. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2019, 12:28:45 pm »

I have a great idea, Pete, pack your happy butt up...and leave.

Putting aside the discussion whether homosexuality or adultery is the greater sin,  this is a statement I agree with.   Why the Dems have this fetish for badmouthing our Constitutional Republic,  which has proven over the years to be the refuge and salvation of "marginalized peoples" from around the world, is a mystery to me.   Indeed, even if I were to agree with Dem policy initiatives,   I wouldn't want to be associated with a political party whose central plank is that America isn't great.    Maybe it appeals to the self-haters, but give me Ronald Reagan and the Shining City.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2019, 01:08:27 pm »
Putting aside the discussion whether homosexuality or adultery is the greater sin,  this is a statement I agree with.   Why the Dems have this fetish for badmouthing our Constitutional Republic,  which has proven over the years to be the refuge and salvation of "marginalized peoples" from around the world, is a mystery to me.   Indeed, even if I were to agree with Dem policy initiatives,   I wouldn't want to be associated with a political party whose central plank is that America isn't great.    Maybe it appeals to the self-haters, but give me Ronald Reagan and the Shining City.   
A sane person is left to conclude that liberals are by nature far more miserable than conservatives. For them the glass is always half empty.
Does this hold true for all liberals? No, I'm just going by averages.
By any semi-sane assessment of America things have never been better for so-called "marginalized" people. And they've won numerous victories for their side in the last few decades.  Yet all they do is whine, complain, and defecate on the country that made those "victories" possible for them.