Author Topic: Donald Trump Pardons Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna  (Read 542 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump Pardons Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna
« on: May 07, 2019, 12:29:54 pm »
Donald Trump Pardons Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna
Breitbart, May 6, 2019

President Donald Trump pardoned Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna, who was prosecuted and convicted of killing prisoner Ali Mansur Mohamed during his deployment in Iraq.

Behenna was convicted in 2009 of the unpremeditated murder of Mohamed, despite his claim that he acted in self-defense after Mohamed reached for his gun. He was sentenced to 25 years in prison but was released early on parole.

Trump’s pardon came just days after Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter sent a letter to Trump requesting a pardon for Behenna.

“Mr. Behenna’s case has attracted broad support from the military, Oklahoma elected officials, and the public,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement to reporters, noting that 37 military generals and admirals and a former Inspector General of the Department of Defense signed a brief in support of Mr. Behenna’s claim.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/05/06/donald-trump-pardons-army-lieutenant-michael-behenna/

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Donald Trump Pardons Army Lieutenant Michael Behenna
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 02:04:45 pm »
"unpremeditated murder"???????

WTF? How can there be such a thing as a unpremeditated murder? Doesn't the term "murder" imply premeditated intent?

Who was the weasel that recommended him for the court-martial? I suspect there is a story to be told about that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 02:17:46 pm »
Nice. 'Bout time.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 02:36:47 pm »
Nice. 'Bout time.

Damned right it is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 02:39:58 pm »
"unpremeditated murder"???????

WTF? How can there be such a thing as a unpremeditated murder? Doesn't the term "murder" imply premeditated intent?

Who was the weasel that recommended him for the court-martial? I suspect there is a story to be told about that.

I think premeditation requires some action, not just the will to murder.  Like buying rope or flex cuffs. 

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 04:00:22 pm »
I think premeditation requires some action, not just the will to murder.  Like buying rope or flex cuffs.

@Sanguine

You are right of course,but I don't see how that would apply here.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 04:06:25 pm »
@Sanguine

You are right of course,but I don't see how that would apply here.

Well, it doesn't.  You asked: "How can there be such a thing as a unpremeditated murder? Doesn't the term "murder" imply premeditated intent?"  I was merely pointing out the difference between premeditated and not-premeditated, AKA unpremeditated, murder.