Author Topic: Ken Starr: Leak of Mueller's 'whiny' letter to Barr was an 'unforgivable sin'  (Read 429 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ken Starr: Leak of Mueller's 'whiny' letter to Barr was an 'unforgivable sin'
 By Victor Garcia | Fox News

Former independent counsel Ken Starr on Monday sharply criticized the leak of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's letter to Attorney General William Barr following Barr's summary of the Russia report, calling the release of the letter an "unforgivable sin."

"His letter, that was then leaked on the very eve of Bill Barr's testimony, was essentially, I believe, an unfair, whiny complaint," Starr argued on "The Story with Martha MacCallum."

Details of the March 24 letter went public shortly before Barr testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in a tense hearing last week. Multiple news outlets reported that Mueller raised concerns about how Barr's conclusions from the investigation were being portrayed, before the Justice Department had released a redacted version of Mueller's report.

Starr also said Barr had been "obliged" to summarize Mueller's findings.

More with video at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ken-starr-mueller-barr-letter-leak-unforgivable-sin

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unfair? After a DOJ that leaked like a colander at the end of a fire hose, implying guilt of all parties essentially exonerated by the two year long "investigation" witch hunt, one whiny letter?
Oops.
 :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis