Boston Celtics
0 (0%)
Houston Rockets
3 (50%)
Golden State Warriors
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 05, 2019, 08:19:28 pm

Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2019  (Read 2158 times)

Online corbe

NBA Playoffs 2019
« on: May 06, 2019, 08:13:57 pm »
Why I Like the Rockets

By Kris Takahashi on Apr 30, 2019, 1:45am PDT

Tim Warner/Getty Images

Someday, someone is going to beat the Warriors 4 out of 7 games. It could be a team from the East. It could be the result of injury, free agency, or any of the other thousands of vagaries that fell empires and dynasties alike. But to me, this is the most fascinating series, because of how the franchises operate and one fundamental difference:

The Rockets view basketball as a game. The Warriors view it as a sport.

A game is played to win, leveraging every tactic to gain whatever advantage necessary. It's an intellectual exercise, a puzzle to be solved. It doesn't adhere to any kind of mandate that it be entertaining or fun. In fact, it may even find "fun" to be a market inefficiency, a needless obstruction in the path of the ultimate goal. A game is played to win.

<..snip..>

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2019/4/30/18523690/why-i-like-the-rockets
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: NBA Playoffs 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 08:20:30 pm »
   The above was written by a Warriors Fan.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:14:04 am »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 05:29:10 pm »
@corbe

Best 2 out of 3 now for your Rockets.

Momentum has swung to Houston, leave the worrying to the Worriers!!

Offline EdJames

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 12:25:01 am »
@corbe

Time for your Rockets to keep the momentum going later tonight....  Steal one in the Worriers' "Town!"

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 12:43:01 am »
   We beat them twice there during this regular season, but their up to it.  It will be a hard fought Game!  @EdJames

Offline EdJames

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 01:42:43 am »
   We beat them twice there during this regular season, but their up to it.  It will be a hard fought Game!  @EdJames

I'll be flipping back and forth between it and the Sharks-Avalanche game!!

@corbe

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 02:09:07 am »
   Took Boston off the list (early), their season is over.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 02:10:37 am »
   Took Boston off the list (early), their season is over.

No Championship Slam for Boston.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 02:12:53 am »
   It would be an interesting Finals if the top two MVP players were up against each other (Harden and the Greek Freak).

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 05:50:40 pm »
I can't stand GSW.

That being said...I can stand Harden even less.  And even after the injury to Durant, I'd still make GSW the favorites.  I'd really prefer to see something like Denver-Milwaukee, though.

Offline EdJames

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 09:02:31 pm »
@corbe

Time to even it out again at home.  Then deal with Game 7 when it comes along.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 10:24:40 pm »
   We've done it before but the last time we lost to them in Houston (their only win against the Rockets this year) Durant was out. I'm really nervous about this game tomorrow night, but keeping the faith. @EdJames

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2019, 03:01:03 pm »
   The above was written by a Warriors Fan.
Of all the teams in the NBA I hate the Warriors the most. They're excellent ballplayers, but a number of them are jerks or showoffs.
For instance, Draymond Green is basically a thug who kicks people in their testicles.
Curry is a showoff who shakes his rearend at opposing teams after making a basket. If he did that in the old days, his career would have been pretty brief, because they didn't tolerate showoffs then like they do now. Somebody would have drilled him into the basket supports a few times until he got the message.
I used to like Durant, but he showed himself to be a coward when OKC couldn't beat GS. Mostly because they couldn't stop choking.
And I now intensely dislike Steve Kerr for his virtue-signaling statements concerning Republicans.
Plenty of good reasons to despise GS and hope they all fall into the ocean when the big earthquake occurs again.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2019, 04:32:15 pm »
Watching that game the other night, Stephen Curry had to be on a quaalude.  Or...the game is fixed.

All this hand-wringing about Durant going down?  If the real Stephan Curry shows up, no way it goes seven.

I'm saying that a team's play is modified to complement the super-star's talent.   ....like Lebron  (heh-heh)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 04:36:12 pm »
Tommy Beer
 âœ”  @TommyBeer 

The Warriors are 26-1 in the last 27 games they have played without Kevin Durant, but with Steph Curry in the lineup.

9:20 AM - May 9, 2019

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 05:10:30 pm »
I wonder whether Boston would have done infinitely better without Irving.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 06:02:29 pm »
I wonder whether Boston would have done infinitely better without Irving.
Irving is an excellent player, but he's best as a number two option rather than the Big Star. Like what he was in Cleveland with James.  The Batman and Robin comparison as many have made.
My feeling is that unless Irving can accept  a lesser role than Superstar Who Can Do Whatever He Wants, the Celts should get rid of him. It looks like he'll probably sign with somebody else anyway.
Hayward, who is a much  better all-around player than Irving, has accepted his role off the bench. I don't think Irving can do that. His ego is much too large not to be the alpha male. It's why he left Cleveland.
Tatum and Brown are the futures of that team. Smart is a good young player too.
The Celtics still are a very good team with some excellent young talent. It's not like they're Chicago or Cleveland.
A few right moves could put them back into contention.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:03:56 pm by goatprairie »

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 08:58:26 pm »
The Last Waltz?

“The Warriors' quest for a third straight title has felt more like a chore than a celebration. With KD, Klay and others possibly gone this summer, the Dubs are preparing for the end of their run atop the NBA.

BY Ric Bucher

At the start of the season, the Warriors dismissed any suggestion that their pursuit of a third consecutive championship would end the way it did for the 1998 Chicago Bulls—with a championship parade quickly followed by the departure of the stars who made it possible.

Now? They're just hoping to get a parade.

"We all know it could possibly be it," backup guard Shaun Livingston said. "As an option. We're aware of it. The main goal is just winning. Period. For all of us. That's really what it's all about. And everything else will take care of itself."

Winning didn't seem to be a prerequisite to keeping the team intact in September. Another title, even for much of the season, was considered a foregone conclusion. So was keeping their championship core. "I'm perfectly content here," said All-Star guard Klay Thompson, a pending free agent, to NBC Bay Area.

<..snip..>

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2835322-the-last-waltz

Offline EdJames

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 11:02:46 pm »
   We've done it before but the last time we lost to them in Houston (their only win against the Rockets this year) Durant was out. I'm really nervous about this game tomorrow night, but keeping the faith. @EdJames

@corbe

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2019, 11:12:36 pm »
   I was scared to click on the Video @EdJames (IE11 makes it like potluck) I thought you might give me that Harden Chock City with the Spurs 2 years ago.   

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2019, 03:47:56 am »
   I am DONE.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2019, 10:00:31 am »
   I am DONE.

The Warriors were a reigning dynasty BEFORE Durant.   Told you that Curry would revert back to 'Superman'.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2019, 02:20:34 pm »
The Warriors were a reigning dynasty BEFORE Durant.   Told you that Curry would revert back to 'Superman'.  :laugh:
I was beginning to wonder whether that Curry ever would show up. Looks like he rose to the occasion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 02:23:27 pm »
 :beer:   Never thought I'd say this @DCPatriot 'You were right'!