Author Topic: STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS – DOJ Alumni Statement  (Read 1069 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
STATEMENT BY FORMER FEDERAL PROSECUTORS – DOJ Alumni Statement – Medium
DOJ Alumni Statement

We are former federal prosecutors. We served under both Republican and Democratic administrations at different levels of the federal system: as line attorneys, supervisors, special prosecutors, United States Attorneys, and senior officials at the Department of Justice. The offices in which we served were small, medium, and large; urban, suburban, and rural; and located in all parts of our country.

Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice.

The Mueller report describes several acts that satisfy all of the elements for an obstruction charge: conduct that obstructed or attempted to obstruct the truth-finding process, as to which the evidence of corrupt intent and connection to pending proceedings is overwhelming. These include:

Read more at: https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statement-by-former-federal-prosecutors-8ab7691c2aa1

This was on Fox earlier. I've no idea what to make of this.

Offline dfwgator

BS, that's what I make of it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There's more than a whiff of desperation and self-righteousness about it.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The problem is that all their so-called obstruction was based on a fake case that was the previous admins attempt at political assassination, one that should land those that originated and pursued it in jail.

Trying to claim obstruction from that only magnifies that reality, especially considering that this is the President.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

That's why they are "Former" Federal Prosecutors.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not worth the paper that is written on. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Mueller didn't hesitate to charge anyone with any charge he could concoct. If there had been a case, he would have brought charges.

The second part of the report was a smear job, meant to cause Trump embarrassment. Barr said at the Senate Judiciary hearing that he didn't give credence to the "theories" of obstruction (such as tweeting) in that smear job.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline dfwgator

Mueller didn't hesitate to charge anyone with any charge he could concoct. If there had been a case, he would have brought charges.

The second part of the report was a smear job, meant to cause Trump embarrassment. Barr said at the Senate Judiciary hearing that he didn't give credence to the "theories" of obstruction (such as tweeting) in that smear job.

It's all about running out the clock until the election.

That's why it's time for Trump to call their bluff and tell them "Impeach me, bitches!"

Offline TomSea

Mark Levin, thank God for Levin and some of these other people, he broke it down... he comes on during the evening here, he's on now. I don't know his normal hours... but he laid out what was going on here and I don't remember all of the more deeper details he gave.

1. Some progressive organization is behind this, they've got "Democracy" in their name, this democracy or democracy that.

2. There are thousands of former federal prosecutors, he said maybe 50,000 but anyway, there are thousands and thousands of them....

3. These are "civil servants", meaning that some of these people could indeed be from real backwaters, they could be from courts in LA or NYC too....

4. "Served under both Republican and Democrat presidents <----> translate,  a  postman or an IRS agent could make the claim as being a Federal employee serving under Republican and Democratic presidents.

5. Basically, a manufactured story. Fox came out with it but now, I wonder, I found problems about 6-8 hours ago, finding even a standard story from a news agency on this. Fox had it on, yes, but when I looked at their site, they had nothing, so who knows. I don't doubt now, someone might have this story. We will see.

I don't know how valid of a point this is but he said they should be disbarred.

Were any of these people actually in on the investigation?? Or they just have the same report we do?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:58:41 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Oh, Look Who Signed The Former Prosecutor’s Letter Against Trump That’s Buried In The Washington Post’s Story
Matt Vespa   Posted: May 06, 2019 3:18 PM

Okay, the letter doesn’t push for any legal action whatsoever.

“Those signing it did not explicitly address what, if anything, they hope might happen next,” says The Post. Then, who cares? We have a Weld walking into a political death trap by trying to challenge Trump. He won’t succeed. And some former Bushies saying Trump did some bad, bad things. So what? Trump is still president. And the fact that there is no call to action means you can just ‘click next’ on this whole story. Either way, Trump is staying. There could’ve been 400 people signing this letter, maybe even 1,000. Trump won and the Left lost. What it did accomplish is giving Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and the rest of the rabid anti-Trump Left (and Right) more ammunition to try and hamstring his presidency yet again. And as with all these attempts related to this Russia nonsense, it will fail. It will shatter into a million pieces, like the Night King.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/05/06/what-that-former-prosecutors-letter-aimed-at-trump-really-did-concerning-this-rus-n2545922

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That makes sense, @TomSea.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In order to obstruct justice, one would have to declare that a witch-hunt based on opposition party generated material (for "probable cause") and the highly questionable use of domestic and foreign intelligence gathering assets to surveil the actions of a candidate through the election cycle (and "leak" that information to the opposing candidate) and then attempt to overturn the election based on the "investigation" to be "justice".

THat's a stretch, no matter who you are.

If there is a criminal conspiracy involved, it is in the generation, prosecution, and information transferred by the investigators, all while exonerating (sans investigation) the opposing candidate who had admittedly broken Federal Law.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oh, Look Who Signed The Former Prosecutor’s Letter Against Trump That’s Buried In The Washington Post’s Story
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/05/06/what-that-former-prosecutors-letter-aimed-at-trump-really-did-concerning-this-rus-n2545922
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This was on Fox earlier. I've no idea what to make of this.

There are over 200 Assistant U.S. Attorneys in the Southern District of New York alone.  There are over 6,000 nationally at any one time, and that's not counting all the people who were Assistant U.S. Attorneys at any point in the last few decades, plus the thousands of lawyers employed elsewhere in DOJ, and those formerly employed in DOJ.  In other words, we're talking about a group of at least 50,000 or so people who could have signed that letter.  Tens of thousands of them are Democrats.

So the fact that you could get a few hundred to sign an anti-Trump letter is completely meaningless.  That's not even 1/10 of the lawyer alumni from the Obama Administration alone.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
There are over 200 Assistant U.S. Attorneys in the Southern District of New York alone.  There are over 6,000 nationally at any one time, and that's not counting all the people who were Assistant U.S. Attorneys at any point in the last few decades, plus the thousands of lawyers employed elsewhere in DOJ, and those formerly employed in DOJ.  In other words, we're talking about a group of at least 50,000 or so people who could have signed that letter.  Tens of thousands of them are Democrats.

So the fact that you could get a few hundred to sign an anti-Trump letter is completely meaningless.  That's not even 1/10 of the lawyer alumni from the Obama Administration alone.

So, slightly over 1% of those eligible to sign it.

Offline dfwgator

Of course, the Press doesn't expect you to know that.