Author Topic: 53% of Americans support nixing Electoral College: Poll  (Read 468 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
53% of Americans support nixing Electoral College: Poll
« on: May 06, 2019, 05:28:41 pm »
53% of Americans support nixing Electoral College: Poll
by Zachary Halaschak
 | May 06, 2019 12:06 PM

A majority of Americans support transitioning away from the Electoral College system in favor of a national popular vote, according to a new poll.

An NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday finds that 53% of those surveyed said they support electing presidents by popular vote as opposed to 43% of respondents who said they prefer sticking with the Electoral College.

The results are largely based on political partisanship, though. Of those who voted for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election, 78% support ending the Electoral College, while 74% of those who voted for President Trump say they want to keep the system in place.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/53-of-americans-support-nixing-electoral-college-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: 53% of Americans support nixing Electoral College: Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:38:10 pm »
How absolutely friggen stupid can journalists get?

Of COURSE a majority of Americans want to 'do away' with the Electoral College - and thats exactly WHY it exists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 08:32:42 pm »
53% is not a majority. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 08:37:24 pm »
I would like to see what percentage of Americans answer 'yes' when asked whether voting for President is a Constitutional right.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 09:41:04 pm »
And 100% of people in Hell want ice water.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 09:47:49 pm »
I ask this with every poll, "who did the pollsters ask?"

My bet is that many of the participants are young people who weren't taught history in school or were indoctrinated in some revisionist history that highlights the supposed unfairness of the Electoral College.  Some commie professor or teacher probably told them the College robbed Hillary of the election.  Or maybe many of the participants don't even know what the Electoral College is.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 09:55:46 pm »
I certainly take polls with a grain of salt, but considering the contempt for this President and the mindset of the liberals I am concerned that a proposed amendment to the Constitution on this issue will emerge.  Two-thirds of the House and Senate must approve the proposal and send it to the states for a vote. Then, three-fourths of the states must affirm the proposed Amendment.

I can see the DEM majority House making an attempt.  The Senate may or many not hold strong.  If it makes it to the state levels, I think we could very well see an amendment to the electoral college.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 10:29:45 pm »
I ask this with every poll, "who did the pollsters ask?"

American University students?

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 11:42:28 pm »
53% of Americanspeople polled support nixing Electoral College: Poll

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 12:38:13 am »
53% of Americanspeople polled support nixing Electoral College: Poll

That's the more accurate headline.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!