Author Topic: Army returns to World War 2 look with new uniforms  (Read 962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Army returns to World War 2 look with new uniforms
« on: May 06, 2019, 04:05:58 pm »
Army returns to World War 2 look with new uniforms
By Brett Samuels - 05/06/19 11:43 AM EDT

The U.S. Army is in the process of rolling out a new service uniform that harkens back to its World War II attire, The New York Times reported Monday.

“We went back and asked, when is the most prominent time when the Army’s service to our nation was universally recognized, and the answer came very quickly,” Daniel A. Dailey, the sergeant major of the Army, told The Times. “That victory, that impact on the nation, is still felt today by the sons and daughters and grandsons and granddaughters of the ‘Greatest Generation.’”

The planned uniform change was first announced in November, and the garb has since been put to use in field tests with recruiting battalions and some other troops. The Times reported that the Army plans to give the uniforms to all soldiers starting in 2020.

The new look will be more expensive to make than past uniforms, but will last longer to help offset the cost, The Times reported.

President Trump appeared to acknowledge the price during remarks last month at the Wounded Warriors Project Soldier Ride.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/442285-army-returns-to-world-war-2-look-with-new-uniforms

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6997439/U-S-Army-debuts-new-uniform-emulates-WWII-greens.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Army returns to World War 2 look with new uniforms
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 04:29:58 pm »
Very sharp looking!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 05:08:59 pm »
Love that.  Much better than that weird blue-green color they've had for so long. Color scheme is much closer to Marine Alphas, but that's fine.  Still their own look.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 01:03:02 am »
Seems to me they could have found better uses for that money than playing dress-up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 01:05:05 am »
Seems to me they could have found better uses for that money than playing dress-up.

:nono:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:45:15 am by mystery-ak »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 01:12:55 am »
The female outfit doesn't have chest pockets.  I guess it comes with a purse instead?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 01:59:17 am »
The female outfit doesn't have chest pockets.  I guess it comes with a purse instead?
Pockets are a waist anyhow. They’re never used for anything other than a few pin ons. But do serve to align everything else.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 02:01:42 am »
Showed this to hubby Mike1sg [retired] and he is jealous and wants a set

Women traditionally wore a skirt with this uniform in WWll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 02:28:48 am »
Pockets are a waist anyhow. They’re never used for anything other than a few pin ons. But do serve to align everything else.

They provide a level of protection when Biden's in the room.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 02:47:41 am »
They provide a level of protection when Biden's in the room.

Pocket protectors.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 08:04:40 am »
How in the heck are the homeless and college kids going to have anything to wear if the Military doesn't change out uniforms and sell the surplus?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 06:59:55 pm »
How in the heck are the homeless and college kids going to have anything to wear if the Military doesn't change out uniforms and sell the surplus?
Don’t forget the crazies on the mall beating drums and harassing kids.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy