Author Topic: Mammoth tooth discovered near Palm Bay pond evokes images of Ice Age creatures  (Read 1666 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Florida Today by Rick Neale 5/2/2019

A toddler stumbled upon a woolly mammoth tooth last weekend alongside a retention pond in southeast Palm Bay, uncovering evidence of the tusked beasts that roamed the Space Coast thousands of years ago.

Monte Brigance, a retired offshore electrician from Livingston, Texas, was babysitting his grandson Colt Couch, who turns 3 on Wednesday, during the unexpected discovery.

"He was throwing rocks into the pond. That's his favorite thing to do: throw rocks in the pond that he picks up out of the bank. About half of this was sticking out of the soil, and he couldn't pull it up," Brigance said, holding the mammoth tooth.

"So I pulled it up for him and got to looking at it — and I decided that we'd better not throw it away. We'll clean it up and see what it looks like," Brigance said.

"Out of all the places my wife and I have been, looking for fossils — and yet we come to Florida and go to a pond, and there it is sticking out of the ground. It was a nice little find," he said.

More: https://eu.floridatoday.com/story/news/2019/05/02/mammoth-tooth-discovered-near-florida-pond/3626242002/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
So interesting,

Dinosaurs are something most kids like and we continue to like them as adults. Fascinated and scared.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️