Author Topic: Diana Ross says TSA agent violated her at New Orleans airport  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Applewood

Diana Ross says TSA agent violated her at New Orleans airport

Diana Ross claimed that a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent brought her to tears at an airport in New Orleans.

The "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" singer tweeted Sunday morning that she was treated "like royalty" in the Louisiana city, where she performed at Jazz and Heritage Festival this weekend, but that her airport experience was traumatic.
…
"It's not what was done but how," she wrote. "I am feeling violated — I still feel her hands between my legs, front and back (saying to me 'it [is] her job')."

More at:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/diana-ross-tsa-new-orleans-airport

Offline Applewood

Re: Diana Ross says TSA agent violated her at New Orleans airport
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 10:50:22 am »
When I first read the headline, I thought, another whiny primadonna celebrity.  But then a friend of mine who was in New Orleans a week earlier, also complained about a female TSA agent at the NOLA airport being a bit overzealous with her pat down.  While my friend was being "assaulted" by this agent, her scanned belongings were left unattended..  When my friend was finally permitted to retrieve her things, she discovered her smartphone was missing.  Eventually, the phone was found, but when it looked like the phone was gone for good, my friend asked what her recourse would be.  She was told there was none.  TSA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

I'm not a Twitter subscriber, so I can't view the comments to Miss Ross' tweets, but I'm told others reported similar incidents of "assault" involving mostly older female passengers like Miss Ross and my friend.  Methinks TSA has gone off the rails???
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 10:51:20 am by Applewood »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 02:52:01 pm »
It's not just the U.S.  The wife and I both vowed never to fly Air Canada ever again after a bad experience last year.
After being patted down in Greece before boarding our AC flight to Toronto we thought we'd breeze through Toronto.
Now get this...I was "randomly" patted down just before boarding our flight in Athens.
After getting off the plane in Toronto we were both aggressively patted down, had to turn on our tablets, take off articles of clothing, and wait interminably for the idiot Canadian processors to argue about whether my wife should be allowed to go through customs and get on a connecting flight to Chicago.
Because back in Athens they had accidentally printed my name on her boarding pass. So these moronic Canadian TSA equivalents argued for close to half an hour on whether she should be allowed to go on through customs.
They finally allowed her to go through customs.
The attitude of the airport personnel in Toronto was that they didn't care if you missed your connecting flight.
We'll NEVER!!! fly Air Canada again.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 02:57:05 pm »
Did this TSA agent touch her in the morning? If so she asked for it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 02:57:23 pm »
When I first read the headline, I thought, another whiny primadonna celebrity.  But then a friend of mine who was in New Orleans a week earlier, also complained about a female TSA agent at the NOLA airport being a bit overzealous with her pat down.  While my friend was being "assaulted" by this agent, her scanned belongings were left unattended..  When my friend was finally permitted to retrieve her things, she discovered her smartphone was missing.  Eventually, the phone was found, but when it looked like the phone was gone for good, my friend asked what her recourse would be.  She was told there was none.  TSA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.

I'm not a Twitter subscriber, so I can't view the comments to Miss Ross' tweets, but I'm told others reported similar incidents of "assault" involving mostly older female passengers like Miss Ross and my friend.  Methinks TSA has gone off the rails???

Things to seem to be getting worse. I do not know if it is a lax selection process, lack of training, we simply are seeing  more stories due to social media, or other factor.

Yesterday I saw a video of a TSA agent dumping out cremated remains of someone's mother in a tray to test them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 02:58:20 pm by ABX »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 08:39:51 pm »

Then she just walked away.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 09:42:10 pm »
Diana Ross says TSA agent violated her at New Orleans airport

More at:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/diana-ross-tsa-new-orleans-airport

Diana Ross is flying COMMERCIAL?????
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 09:46:23 pm »

The TSA Agent asked her, "Do you know where you're going to?"

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 10:02:25 pm »

I support Diana 100% in this.  Always liked her.

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 10:26:41 pm »
Diana Ross is flying COMMERCIAL?????

That was my first thought @sneakypete

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 10:30:19 pm »
Yesterday I saw a video of a TSA agent dumping out cremated remains of someone's mother in a tray to test them.
:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 10:43:09 pm »
In a related story, Robert Kraft was heading to New Orleans.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 11:27:07 pm »
The TSA Agent asked her, "Do you know where you're going to?"

She said: "Do you like the things"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.