Author Topic: Driven Mad By Trump: Celebrities Express Anger and Depression Over President  (Read 1143 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Geoffrey Dickens | May 4, 2019 12:30 PM EDT

Therapists in Hollywood must be raking it in this month, as celebrities from Chelsea Handler to Amy Poehler confessed to having emotional breakdowns and “panic attacks” over Donald Trump. Some of them were just sad as they cried over no collusion in the Russia case. Singer Bette Midler claimed Trump had “caused depression, despair, confusion and death.”

Others expressed anger. Actor Robert De Niro raged against the “wannabee gangster in the White House.” Comedian D.L. Hughley demanded action as he insisted if Democrats didn’t impeach Trump then the word “justice” has no meaning. And others, like Empire actress Taraji P. Henson prayed – to Joe Biden – to “save” them.

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/geoffrey-dickens/2019/05/04/driven-mad-trump-celebrities-express-anger-and-depression-over
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The comments by the "stars" are insane.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Applewood

Many of these celebrities are drama queens.  Every adversity is a major calamity.  Heck, I don't like Trump and really didnt like Obama, but I survived 8 years of Obama and will  survive 4 or 8 years of Trump.  And unlike these whiners, I don't have large sums of money to get me through.  If I can live through this, so can they.  These people need a therapist who can tell them to just grow up.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yet not a single one of those hollywood types, the ones that are suffering under the ravages of the oppressive Trump Presidency has made the real commitment to end their miserable existence and thus end their pain.    The least they could do is leave the country for some 3rd world sh*thole...or Canada!  :)
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@austingirl

Completely appropriate conduct from them.What else do you expect from immature,insane people?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Many of these celebrities are drama queens.   

@Applewood

ALL celebs are drama queens. That's how they got wealthy.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

ALL celebs are drama queens. That's how they got wealthy.

Well, there are a few grownups -- James Woods comes to mind.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well, there are a few grownups -- James Woods comes to mind.

@Applewood

True. He is one of the few who really IS smart. Most of the others sometimes "play" smart when they have roles requiring that,but it's just make-believe.

Online mountaineer

How Thin-Skinned Celebrities Benefit From A Sympathetic Entertainment News Media
The entertainment news media deserves some credit for unduly boosting fragile celebrity egos.
By Emily Jashinsky   
May 3, 2019
“When Did Celebrities Get So Bad At Taking Criticism?” a BuzzFeed headline asked in April. It’s a good question. Of course, there’s no scientific way to track the varying thickness of Hollywood’s collective skin. But it sure seems like a sense of entitlement is spring’s hottest accessory.

That’s a bad joke. This a trend that dates back longer than just 2019. It’s actually been growing for years. The BuzzFeed article offers some good proof of what it looks like currently: Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber complaining about mockery of their Coachella performance, Olivia Munn writing an essay in response to her outfit being critiqued on an outfit-critiquing blog, Lizzo’s all-caps complaint about a single bad review. And the list goes on.

Celebrities are vainglorious creatures, often with skin as thin as it is flawless. But I’m not sure they deserve all the blame on this one. To be clear, I think BuzzFeed’s premise is correct, I just think the entertainment news media deserves some credit for unduly boosting these fragile egos too. ... The Federalist
For some reason, there's a high level of mental illness among "celebrities."  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
These "celebrities" can go to hell too.  If people stopped paying attention to them, it would be a start.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
These "celebrities" can go to hell too.  If people stopped paying attention to them, it would be a start.

It would be the end.  And that would be a very very good thing.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline berdie

I think it was Alice Cooper that said don't listen to celebs.

Offline Applewood

I think it was Alice Cooper that said don't listen to celebs.

Then I guess I shouldn't listen to Alice either.  LOL 

He's right.

@sneakypete

Alice Cooper is another example of a celeb with his head on straight, although you would never know it from his stage act.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

He's right.

@sneakypete

Alice Cooper is another example of a celeb with his head on straight, although you would never know it from his stage act.

Outside his drinking problems of his youth, AC always was able to clearly separate  the theatrics of his stage act and real life.  It didn't hurt that flair, that even in his youth he was good friends with likes of Vincent Price and Salvador Dali. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

He's right.

@sneakypete

@Applewood

That's because he never forgot it was a role he was playing to earn a living,not who he actually is.

Offline dfwgator

There's always suicide.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
i heard that

reality tv stars included

Online Wingnut

There's always suicide.

It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please

Offline verga

The least they could do is leave the country for some 3rd world sh*thole...or Canada!  :)
@The Ghost  And yet so man y of them have threatened to do so time and time again.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

How Thin-Skinned Celebrities Benefit From A Sympathetic Entertainment News Media
The entertainment news media deserves some credit for unduly boosting fragile celebrity egos.
By Emily Jashinsky   
May 3, 2019For some reason, there's a high level of mental illness among "celebrities."  :shrug:
I used to help coach the Forensics (public speaking) team. The judges would give them critique sheets on ways to improve or things they did exceptionally well. Before I handed them the sheet I would tell them: "This is a snapshot of your performance, do not take anything on here personally, you are not a good as they say you are and you are certainly not as bad. If you find their advice helpful, use it, if not disregard it." It helped some of them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.