Author Topic: California Bill Will Take President Trump Off the Ballot in 2020  (Read 3347 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: California Bill Will Take President Trump Off the Ballot in 2020
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2019, 01:45:36 am »
You are confusing eligibility to hold the office with eligibility to be on any specific ballot. The Constitution give the states the mandate over the latter.
Actually, Supreme Court precedent says that's not true.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Term_Limits,_Inc._v._Thornton
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2019, 03:45:43 am »
Yep. They were after the naval shipyard at Long Beach when the Clintons were in office.

@Smokin Joe

They actually had at least a part of Long Beach under long-term lease. That was where the US headquarters for Norinco was. The BATF ran an investigation and had proof Norinco was smuggling actual AK's into the US as semi-auto AK's,and was set to raid the offices and arrest all the officials.

What went wrong was they had to brief a US Senate Committee that was chaired by Di-Fi the day before the raid to explain and justify the raid. They had undercover agents posing as biker clubs and Mexican gang members that had videotaped them paying off Norinco officials for full-auto weapons,so it was a slam dunk.

Then,somehow,mysteriously,the Norinco officials got word of the raid that afternoon,and by dark not a single one of them was in the US to be arrested. The raid did find crates of full-auto AK's,but there was nobody there left to arrest,and no paperwork.

I am almost positive the fact that Di-Fi's husband being the Norinco lawyer in the US had nothing to do with them being tipped off right after the Senate briefing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2019, 03:48:45 am »
@Smokin Joe

They actually had at least a part of Long Beach under long-term lease. That was where the US headquarters for Norinco was. The BATF ran an investigation and had proof Norinco was smuggling actual AK's into the US as semi-auto AK's,and was set to raid the offices and arrest all the officials.

What went wrong was they had to brief a US Senate Committee that was chaired by Di-Fi the day before the raid to explain and justify the raid. They had undercover agents posing as biker clubs and Mexican gang members that had videotaped them paying off Norinco officials for full-auto weapons,so it was a slam dunk.

Then,somehow,mysteriously,the Norinco officials got word of the raid that afternoon,and by dark not a single one of them was in the US to be arrested. The raid did find crates of full-auto AK's,but there was nobody there left to arrest,and no paperwork.

I am almost positive the fact that Di-Fi's husband being the Norinco lawyer in the US had nothing to do with them being tipped off right after the Senate briefing.
But she wants us to "turn them all in Mr. and Mrs. America!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2019, 12:27:39 pm »
We really should be encouraging the Calexit movement.  We can either let them go, on condition that they let counties adjacent to other states hold plebiscites on whether to remain in seceded California or join a neighboring state, give us a perpetual lease on a naval base or two, and enter into a free trade agreement (too many supply chains run through CA), and accept a share of the Federal national debt split on some basis considering both population and GDP, or we can give them the Sherman treatment, after which, radical reconstruction.  Either way we're rid of a huge 'Rat congressional delegation and locked 'Rat electoral votes (at least until the reconstructed territories are readmitted to the Union in the second case).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2019, 01:27:50 pm »
Well...they're not changing the qualifications for President.  They're just changing how their state's electors will vote.  To put it differently, a state could simply eliminate the popular vote within the state for the choosing of electors, and have the legislature do it.  And then legislators could say "I'm not voting for anyone unless they release their tax return", and nobody could challenge that.  All that being said, I do think the Supreme Court would shoot it down.

In speaking to the local Supervisor of Elections here each county can set their own rules but must adhere to State laws and each State may set their own rules by must adhere to Federal Election laws.

In other words they can have policies in place as long as they comply with federal laws.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:30:14 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2019, 02:20:26 pm »
Who is "California Bill"?

I know.  Everytime I see this thread I wonder if he's related to Florida Man.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2019, 02:26:17 pm »

:pondering:

lol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2019, 02:47:45 pm »
@The Ghost   @Sanguine

Like Florida man,but queer.

Saw this headline today! 
"Florida man arrested after refusing to remove ‘I eat a–’ bumper sticker"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2019, 03:09:16 pm »
Saw this headline today! 
"Florida man arrested after refusing to remove ‘I eat a–’ bumper sticker"

@The Ghost

Would have been REALLY funny if someone had slapped a "You are what you eat!" bumper sticker next to it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2019, 01:42:09 am »
David wrote:
"We can either let them go, on condition that they let counties adjacent to other states hold plebiscites on whether to remain in seceded California or join a neighboring state, give us a perpetual lease on a naval base or two, and enter into a free trade agreement (too many supply chains run through CA), and accept a share of the Federal national debt split on some basis considering both population and GDP, or we can give them the Sherman treatment, after which, radical reconstruction."

I advocate option #2.
It's the only way to bring that state back into the fold.

It worked the last time it was tried.
It will work again.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2019, 02:37:48 am »
Trump said he couldn't release his tax returns because of audits during campaign. I don't agree with California but what is he hiding?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2019, 03:57:40 am »
   He should take this through the Courts and I suspect he will but who here thought he's win Californication anyway, or Oregon and Washington for that matter.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2019, 11:18:41 am »
   He should take this through the Courts and I suspect he will but who here thought he's win Californication anyway, or Oregon and Washington for that matter.

Of course not, but allowing this to go on unchallenged leaves the door wide open to eliminate the electoral college without an amendment to the Constitution.  It would also open the door to allow states to make any changes in order to steal elections.  Each state can set up their own parameters as to what candidates must do to qualify to get on the ballot, but they must adhere to federal laws.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:23:01 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2019, 12:08:29 pm »
Of course not, but allowing this to go on unchallenged leaves the door wide open to eliminate the electoral college without an amendment to the Constitution.  It would also open the door to allow states to make any changes in order to steal elections.  Each state can set up their own parameters as to what candidates must do to qualify to get on the ballot, but they must adhere to federal laws.

@libertybele

All of which are reasons why the left wants this to happen. They want "Moscow Elections",where the powers behind the throne decide who the winner is before the ballots are printed

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2019, 05:18:05 pm »
@libertybele

All of which are reasons why the left wants this to happen. They want "Moscow Elections",where the powers behind the throne decide who the winner is before the ballots are printed
I think they thought they had that already, hence the total meltdown on the Left when Hitlery didn't win.

Maybe they just believed the BS that a vote not for Trump was a vote for her. (It generally just wasn't a vote for either one).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:19:00 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2019, 09:02:15 pm »
I think they thought they had that already, hence the total meltdown on the Left when Hitlery didn't win.

@Smokin Joe

I think their general reaction was "We wuz robbed! We stole that election fair and square,and wuz cheated!"

Maybe they just believed the BS that a vote not for Trump was a vote for her. (It generally just wasn't a vote for either one).

I think that is a very real possibility. They really do believe their own propaganda. And why wouldn't they,since they are smarter than all the Rubes in America put together. Don't believe it,just ask them.