Author Topic: A Photo of a General’s Family Highlights Civil-Military Concerns  (Read 779 times)

rangerrebew

A Photo of a General’s Family Highlights Civil-Military Concerns

Senators saw a prime example of military leadership during Gen. James McConville’s testimony to become the next Army chief of staff. Others saw a problem about those who choose to serve.

By Paul D. Shinkman, Senior National Security Writer May 2, 2019, at 2:40 p.m.

UNITED STATES - MAY 2: Army Gen. James McConville, nominee to be chief of staff of the Army, prepares to testify during his confirmation hearing in the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday, May 2, 2019. (Photo By Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call)

Army Gen. James McConville, nominee to be chief of staff of the Army, prepares to testify during his confirmation hearing in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday.Bill Clark/CQ Roll Call

Members of the Senate Armed Services Committee expressed almost unanimous acclaim for Army Gen. James McConville as he testified before them Thursday to become that service branch's top officer, lauding a career so eminent that the committee chairman, Sen. Jim Inhofe, began the hearing by saying, "I can't imagine there's any opposition."

McConville's tenure was exemplified in stacks of badges and ribbons adorning his crisp service dress that glittered under the lights of the Senate chamber, but it wasn't that particular uniform that caught the attention of the Oklahoma Republican and others on the dais.

"Who can vote against a guy, a distinguished general, who has two sons, a daughter – all three captains in the U.S. Army? I say, no one," Inhofe said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2019-05-02/a-photo-of-a-generals-family-highlights-civil-military-concerns

rangerrebew

"Who can vote against a guy, a distinguished general, who has two sons, a daughter – all three captains in the U.S. Army? I say, no one," Inhofe said.

Has Inhofe learned nothing about democrats?  They would vote against Jesus if Trump nominated him for something. :thud:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Has Inhofe learned nothing about democrats?  They would vote against Jesus if Trump nominated him for something. :thud:

@rangerrebew

I am SHOCKED that you overlooked the enlisted swine son that just graduated from Ranger School!

You are restricted to your room for the rest of the day,and I want you to write an essay on why Rangers rule.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Great looking family.

rangerrebew

@rangerrebew

I am SHOCKED that you overlooked the enlisted swine son that just graduated from Ranger School!

You are restricted to your room for the rest of the day,and I want you to write an essay on why Rangers rule.

I didn't miss it I just wanted to leave it you because they are a great family due to white privilege - whatever that is supposed to mean. :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I didn't miss it I just wanted to leave it you because they are a great family due to white privilege - whatever that is supposed to mean. :silly:

@rangerrebew

Yeah,and we all know how much white privilege counts for in Ranger School.  888mouth
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!