Author Topic: High school may erase mural of George Washington: ‘traumatizes students’  (Read 937 times)

rangerrebew

High school may erase mural of George Washington: ‘traumatizes students’
Graham Piro - Staff Reporter •May 2, 2019

‘Glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, manifest destiny’

A Northern California public school district may remove a mural of George Washington from the halls of George Washington High School due to concerns that it’s offensive and demeaning to Native Americans and African-Americans.

The controversy comes after a working group determined the mural, made up of several panels, “traumatizes students and community members.” But advocates for keeping the 83-year-old mural say that removing it ignores the intent of the artist and represents an attempt to erase history.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/high-school-may-erase-george-washington-murals-traumatizes-students/

rangerrebew

I imagine Che, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot are exhilarating because they help "free" their people. :MiniGun:

Offline skeeter

High school may erase mural of George Washington: ‘traumatizes students’
Graham Piro - Staff Reporter •May 2, 2019

‘Glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, manifest destiny’

A Northern California public school district may remove a mural of George Washington from the halls of George Washington High School due to concerns that it’s offensive and demeaning to Native Americans and African-Americans.

The controversy comes after a working group determined the mural, made up of several panels, “traumatizes students and community members.” But advocates for keeping the 83-year-old mural say that removing it ignores the intent of the artist and represents an attempt to erase history.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/high-school-may-erase-george-washington-murals-traumatizes-students/

I realize that saying so opens me up to the 'white nationalist' charge, but let's start calling this crap what it is: anti-white bigotry.

This is CA and the bigots will prevail, but they shouldn't be allowed to keep the moral high ground they claim as well.

rangerrebew

I realize that saying so opens me up to the 'white nationalist' charge, but let's start calling this crap what it is: anti-white bigotry.

This is CA and the bigots will prevail, but they shouldn't be allowed to keep the moral high ground they claim as well.

:thumbsup:   :hands: 

Offline skeeter

:thumbsup:   :hands:

Values have changed dramatically since Washington lived, we all get that. But many have NOT and are sorely lacking today.

It makes perfect sense to use GW's example of bravery, devotion to a cause, deportment, humility in leadership, etc today in spite of his ownership of slaves. If these qualities were considered of any value today.

But they're not.  Washington's simply a white man who owned black slaves.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
skeeter wrote:
"I realize that saying so opens me up to the 'white nationalist' charge, but let's start calling this crap what it is: anti-white bigotry."

You shouldn't have to be afraid to say as much, certainly not in this forum.
I stand beside you.

OF COURSE it's "anti-white bigotry" -- as is 99% of the rest of what is called "diversity" and "multiculturalism". Anti-white to the core.

It has been this way from the very first time those terms were coined and used.

And -- whether folks (in this forum, and in America at-large) are willing to recognize it or not, that's what the "second upcoming American civil conflict" is going to be about.

That is to say, that conflict will determine whether traditional American values as established by the Euro-origined peoples who came here from 1600 until the early 1920s will prevail... or not.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
May I be frank for a moment? (Of course I may.)

When it comes to learning materials, who the **** cares what the students think? The fact is, far too many of them have never been told they are wrong. Our schools are supposed to teach the truth. If the truth traumatizes students, the answer is not to kowtow to the emotion, but to shape that student and break down the primordial trigger that causes that trauma.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024