Author Topic: Question on government Oversight and Reform page... Need help from yall please!  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ok, I was debating on another site abortion. Specifically the movie "Unplanned" and the subject turned to Project Veritas and their videos on selling baby parts.

One fellow pointed out the the House Oversight and Reform committee has a web page up that says it was a total fake. I asked for the URL... he supplied it and sure enough it said what he claimed it said. Now back in 2015 I figured the House was Republican and their page he gave read like a Planned Parenthood pro-abortion page, complete with two video on top that spouted the party platform talking lines.

https://oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

Notice the top videos (found it above link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZr7rzVwEnw  )... In the top video in the info section it links to this strange URL... It is a dead link... but did the minority democrats make this video (dated 2015)???

www.democrats.oversight.house.gov

It is like the website (first one linked) was only recently altered now it is under democratic control.

So I go to the Way Back Machine to snoop if the first link was around and archived back in 2015...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://oversight.house.gov/planned-parenthood-fact-v-fiction

It only shows 2019 and not back then for some reason... Perhaps the page was recently altered under democrat control or the Way Back just didn't capture the page for some reason?

I need some smart TBR folks to help me figure out if the democrats are now changing pages to reflect their views (to more progressive pro-abortion)...

Has that top URL from the oversight and reform group been added recently and changed the views from back then? Was that actually the view from back then? Is there a link to the actually committee findings back then in 2015 vs Project Veritas? If so can one of you smart folks find it for me?

Thanks, I know it is asking a lot, but I just don't trust the government to not alter views depending on who is in office. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

I guess another option is the Oversight committee (Now under Cummings control) is now making new web pages to alter the views from back then. IOWs to cover up (rewrite history)...

Again, can anyone help me clear up this mystery?

Edit: P.S. I meant to place this in Editorial/Opinion section, not news... please move it to right place because this dummy somehow messed it up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:52:56 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

Morning Bumping... Anyone able to find the original 2015 decision. Was it even before the committee  in 2015, or is this just something they decided to put up recently?

Edit: I did find the below today....

I was able to find this page, but most the links now don't lead anywhere, it is like they were erased.

https://www.gop.gov/solution_content/plannedparenthood/

Do the republicans and democrats just put up their views and go on? Was there an official actual decision? Does the majority party just get to write (and leave up) what they want? Do the republican even bother with playing this game (or just leave it to democrats to put up their views)?

I don't know, anyone got any breadcrumbs to throw my way?

Offline Sighlass

Ok, seems with the 2019 change in leadership, the original page was dropped... and the new page was put up.

Here was the original....

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://oversight.house.gov/interactivepage/plannedparenthood

It now is no longer ... only accessible via Way Back Machine... dropped about the time the changing of the guards (democrats) got into office (2019).

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@Sighlass, I don't have any help for you, but did want to comment on this subject.  I've noticed lately that a number of topics that I am pretty well informed on are not now what I know them to be.  For instance, Alger Hiss and the Venona Project.  I've been following that since the existence of the project became public.  But, now, much of the information to be found on the internet is like this from Wikipedia: 

Controversy arose in 2009 over the Texas State Board of Education's revision of their high school history class curricula to suggest Venona shows Senator Joseph McCarthy to have been justified in his zeal in exposing those whom he believed to be Soviet spies or communist sympathizers.[55] Critics[who?] assert most people and organizations[Like whom?] identified by McCarthy were not mentioned in the Venona content and that his accusations remain largely unsupported by evidence.[56]

The water has been muddied to the point that a reasonable person would have a hard time coming to a conclusion as to whether there were communists in the US government or not.

Offline Sighlass

Thanks Sanguine, Yeah history is rewritten in sly ways... As my query has shown...  I am just surprised how blatant it is, and how long it took me to finally get to the bottom of this. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bookmark. This is good research.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Honestly, there is no reliable way to tell.  According to the metadata that page was created 9/24/2015 (at exactly midnight EST???) and updated 1/3/2018, but then that can be faked easy enough.

However, want to see something really interesting?  At the top of the main oversight page, choose "News", then "News Archive".  Pick a year.  With your mouse in the text, right click and select "View Page Source" (firefox).  Scroll about halfway down and you'll see that all of the links are to democrats.oversight.house.gov which is not necessarily damning, but pretty darn suspicious. 

BTW, if you get an error trying to look at a link to democrats.oversight.house.gov, change it to democrats-oversight.house.gov (dash, not dot, after democraps).

Happy hunting.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Hoodat

@Sighlass

For Project Veritas, their claims are well documented.  You can either believe their videos and recordings of actual conversations with Planned Parenthood employees.  Or you can believe weak denials posted on a House website.  And by weak, I mean that not one of the denials is actually a denial.  They never state that Planned Parenthood doesn't do the things they are accused of doing.  They simply say that there is no credible evidence that they do.

For the movie 'Unplanned', if there was anything in that movie that was not true - anything at all - then they would have been sued and an injunction would have been ordered preventing the movie from being shown.

As for Congress, they can't even tell the truth about using taxpayer dollars to fund abortion.  Why would I expect them to be credible on a government website?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Sighlass  I found some red meat here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160907012402/https://oversight.house.gov/interactivepage/plannedparenthood/

At the bottom of the page:

BACKGROUND

In light of disturbing videos that emerged in July detailing fetal tissue procurement among Planned Parenthood facilities and affiliates, the Oversight and Government Reform Committee launched an investigation into the use of federal funds surrounding transactions involving fetal tissue.

In the videos, Planned Parenthood representatives discuss the demand for certain body parts, the manner in which patient consent is solicited, pricing considerations, and the methods by which doctors manipulate procedures to ensure that tissue and organs of fetuses remain intact.

In one video, a Planned Parenthood official discusses how doctors modify procedures to preserve intact fetal specimens that can be provided to research firms in exchange for money.  The Planned Parenthood official also discusses how reimbursement amounts can be manipulated.

Not only nothing about a "hoax", but investigation going on.

THe wayback snapshot is from Sept 7, 2016. Every yellow word in the text is a link, and that is how I got to the above Statement. Via this page: https://oversight.house.gov/release/chaffetz-statement-planned-parenthood-video-footage/

At the bottom of the text, there is the statement "Further information regarding the Committee’s investigation can be found here." with the word "here" in yellow, click on the link. Similar links are scattered throughout the web pages.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:05:38 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So Winston Smith has his job at the Ministry of Truth again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So Winston Smith has his job at the Ministry of Truth again.
He never lost it, and he loves Big Brother now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis