Author Topic: FBI sent a blond bombshell to meet Trump aide Papadopoulos: report  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FBI sent a blond bombshell to meet Trump aide Papadopoulos: report
NY Post, May 2, 2019, Bruce Golding

The “sexy bottle blonde” woman whom a former Trump campaign adviser says came on to him in a London bar was sent there by the FBI to investigate suspected campaign collusion with Russia, according to a new report Thursday.

The woman, who used the name Azra Turk, was working for the feds when she posed as a research assistant who wanted to discuss foreign policy with Trump adviser George Papadopoulos, the New York Times said.

Turk, whose real name is unknown, traveled to London to work with Cambridge University professor Stefan Halper, a longtime FBI informant whom the feds had told to set up a meeting with Papadopoulos, according to the Times.

But the feds learned nothing of value when Papadopoulos and Turk had drinks on Sept. 15, 2016, or when Papadopoulos later met with Halper at the Sofitel hotel in London’s West End, and Turk returned to the US, the Times said.

[...]

Last month, Attorney General William Barr told a Congressional committee that he thought “spying did occur” and that he’d be looking into the “genesis” of the FBI probe that was later taken over by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Justice Department Inspector Gen. Michael Horowitz is conducting an internal investigation of the FBI’s activities that could wrap up as early as this month.

During a closed-door interview with members of Congress last year, Papadopoulos described Turk as a “beautiful young lady” who seemed willing to trade sex for information.

More:  https://nypost.com/2019/05/02/fbi-sent-a-blonde-bombshell-to-meet-trump-aide-papadopoulos-report/

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

New York Times Admits Obama Admin Deployed Multiple Spies Against Trump Campaign In 2016
The Federalist, May 2, 2019, Mollie Hemingway

Following months of angry claims by journalists and Democratic operatives that the Obama administration never spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, The New York Times admitted Thursday that multiple overseas intelligence assets were deployed against associates of the Republican nominee. It is not the first time the Times has revealed widespread spying operations against the campaign.

In addition to noting that long-time informant Stefan Halper was tasked with collecting intelligence on the Trump campaign, the Times story details how a woman was sent overseas under a fake name and occupation to oversee the spy operation. The woman’s real name is not mentioned in the article, though the Times says she went by “Azra Turk” and has a relationship with an unidentified federal intelligence agency.

Halper was handpicked by a seasoned FBI counterintelligence agent out of the New York office, according to the article. While the Times does not identify the agent by name, the paper says the FBI agent spoke at a conference organized by Halper about a 2010 case involving Russians posing as Americans. The public schedule for a 2011 conference hosted by Halper about the exact same case shows that three FBI counterintelligence agents were invited to speak on the topic.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/02/new-york-times-admits-multiple-spies-deployed-against-trump-campaign/

Offline rustynail

Looks skanky to me.

The NY Times article:

F.B.I. Sent Investigator Posing as Assistant to Meet With Trump Aide in 2016
NY Times, May 2, 2019, Adam Goldman, Michael S. Schmidt and Mark Mazzetti

WASHINGTON — The conversation at a London bar in September 2016 took a strange turn when the woman sitting across from George Papadopoulos, a Trump campaign adviser, asked a direct question: Was the Trump campaign working with Russia?

The woman had set up the meeting to discuss foreign policy issues. But she was actually a government investigator posing as a research assistant, according to people familiar with the operation. The F.B.I. sent her to London as part of the counterintelligence inquiry opened that summer to better understand the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

The American government’s affiliation with the woman, who said her name was Azra Turk, is one previously unreported detail of an operation that has become a political flash point in the face of accusations by President Trump and his allies that American law enforcement and intelligence officials spied on his campaign to undermine his electoral chances. Last year, he called it Spygate.

The decision to use Ms. Turk in the operation aimed at a presidential campaign official shows the level of alarm inside the F.B.I. during a frantic period when the bureau was trying to determine the scope of Russia’s attempts to disrupt the 2016 election, but could also give ammunition to Mr. Trump and his allies for their spying claims.

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/us/politics/fbi-government-investigator-trump.html#click=https://t.co/oHqt5LAdVs

Offline verga

BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

Looks skanky to me.

Me too @rustynail but when I googled democrat blond bombshell she and Ann Coulter were the only thing that appeared (with filters on).
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Re: FBI sent a blond bombshell to meet Trump aide Papadopoulos: report
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 12:36:28 am »
The NY Times article:

Here is the key quote, i.e., the reason that the NYT published this:

The decision to use Ms. Turk in the operation aimed at a presidential campaign official shows the level of alarm inside the F.B.I. during a frantic period when the bureau was trying to determine the scope of Russia’s attempts to disrupt the 2016 election, but could also give ammunition to Mr. Trump and his allies for their spying claims.

This is part of the "Justification" ruse that is playing out now.  As I said in another thread, the more people are focusing on "Russia" and "Russians," the more they are laying out the JUSTIFICATION for everything that is going to come spilling out now.

In other words: "Well, yes, it appears that some corners were cut, and some very unusual steps were taken....  but what do you expect that they would do?  They were truly concerned that there was a very, very serious breach of national security occurring with one of the campaigns and a hostile foreign actor....  Can't you see why the FBI-DOJ-CIA, etc. did what they did?  They had to!"

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In Spy Craft she would be been a "Honey Pot" attempt.

And of course as all "principled" "virtuous folks would never fall for that.

I saw George P. on the TV and he said she could barely speak English.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

@Right_in_Virginia  I guess you had something to do with the Mods deleting my SMALL pic of a young Melania when the topic was clearly 'Honey Pots' that could barely speak English.
   Kudo's, Lady you are a much more formidable foe than those two other lightweights that constantly nip at my heels.

EDITED:   It is your Thread after all.

Offline MoMo

go to bed @corbe youre obviously drunk. 22222frying pan

Offline corbe

I.D.I.O.T.  It (probably) Deserves Its Own Thread

Between MoMo and RiV I though a little redemption was in order so I posted this here.

New York Times Admits Obama Admin Deployed Multiple Spies Against Trump Campaign In 2016

The New York Times admitted on Thursday that the Obama administration deployed multiple spies against the Trump campaign in 2016, confirming recent comments by Attorney General William Barr that 'spying did occur' during the campaign.

By Mollie Hemingway   
May 2, 2019

Following months of angry claims by journalists and Democratic operatives that the Obama administration never spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, The New York Times admitted Thursday that multiple overseas intelligence assets were deployed against associates of the Republican nominee. It is not the first time the Times has revealed widespread spying operations against the campaign.

In addition to noting that long-time informant Stefan Halper was tasked with collecting intelligence on the Trump campaign, the Times story details how a woman was sent overseas under a fake name and occupation to oversee the spy operation. The woman’s real name is not mentioned in the article, though the Times says she went by “Azra Turk” and has a relationship with an unidentified federal intelligence agency.

Halper was handpicked by a seasoned FBI counterintelligence agent out of the New York office, according to the article. While the Times does not identify the agent by name, the paper says the FBI agent spoke at a conference organized by Halper about a 2010 case involving Russians posing as Americans. The public schedule for a 2011 conference hosted by Halper about the exact same case shows that three FBI counterintelligence agents were invited to speak on the topic.

The three agents publicly identified as speaking at that conference on the topic are George J. Ennis, Jr., Alan E. Kohler, Jr., and Stephen M. Somma. Ennis currently serves as the special agent in charge in the FBI’s New York office, according to his LinkedIn profile, and worked closely with Preet Bharara, former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, a virulent anti-Trump activist whom the president fired in 2017.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/02/new-york-times-admits-multiple-spies-deployed-against-trump-campaign/