Author Topic: George Washington mural 'traumatizes' San Fran students; high school may remove art  (Read 593 times)

Offline mrclose

When will Enough be ENOUGH!? :shrug:
(If you want to view the 'clutter filled' page of this article, just click on The Washington Times
at the top left)

A San Francisco school district may remove an 83-year-old mural of President George Washington from, ironically, George Washington High School because it “traumatizes students and community members.”

The work of artist Victor Arnautoff, a communist, may no longer be progressive enough for “Fog City.” His 13 panels for the high school, created in 1936, have been deemed problematic by the San Francisco Unified School District.

Officials say some the artist’s historical depictions are offensive to Native Americans and blacks.

Laura Dudnick, a spokeswoman for the district, told educational watchdog the College Fix via email Thursday that Mr. Arnautoff’s work was debated by a “‘Reflection and Action Working Group’ that was comprised of members of the local Native American community, students, school representatives, district representatives, local artists, and historians.”

Four public meetings were held on the matter between December 2018 and February 2019.

The group claims the mural “glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, manifest destiny, white supremacy, oppression, etc.,” the Richmond District Blog recently reported.

“At its conclusion, the group voted and the majority recommended that the ‘Life of Washington’ mural be archived and removed because the mural does not represent SFUSD values,” Ms. Dudnick continued. “The superintendent and staff are now reviewing the recommendation and considering the best course of action. At this time there hasn’t yet been any recommendation put forth before the SF Board of Education on this matter.”

https://outline.com/euA8cB

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline dfwgator

Who didn't see this coming. /s

Online andy58-in-nh

Progressives are traumatized by America.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why don't they just poop on it.  That would be inclusive for a city that is drowning in and full of shit.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Guess a dollar bill bearing his likeness does too.

So don't ever give them any
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Seems that the "Long March" is quickening its pace...

Offline goatprairie

The national slide down the insanity slope continues.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Guess a dollar bill bearing his likeness does too.

So don't ever give them any

Funny how they never get triggered with a pocket stuffed full of those greenback's.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Ichigo

"The group claims the mural “glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, manifest destiny, white supremacy, oppression, etc.,” the Richmond District Blog recently reported."

Ok, will that mean the name of the Nation's Capital "Washington DC" will be just called "District of Columbia"...and all of the towns and cities that use the name "Washington" be changed?

Man, that's going to take a long time if that ever happens. Lol
´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ I c h i g o

"We long for fairy-tales in a world full of nightmares."

Offline LegalAmerican

When will Enough be ENOUGH!? :shrug:
(If you want to view the 'clutter filled' page of this article, just click on The Washington Times
at the top left)

https://outline.com/euA8cB

ZERO to do with being 'traumatized". Are they kidding?  Most of these people come from turd world countries..that have barbaric behaviors!  Beheadings!  Mexico...et all.   Just trying  TO REMOVE OUR HERITAGE!   Using traumatized as an excuse. Attorneys tell them to use this type of language!  Kate Smith?   FROM 1920?   They want her removed too!

I say we need to RETURN all people from TURD WORLD countries.  Why not?  They do not want to assimilate & become American or support us.  One way or the other...they want to genocide white people.  They tell you that.

This will not end well.

Offline LegalAmerican

Progressives are traumatized by America.

That is correct.  The new, dumb, kids being born and raised in liberalism. NOT taught real facts about our heritage.

I say check out BARBARY COAST!   MILLIONS of white Christians were slaves to black muslims!  These Christians were, branded, tortured, raped, castrated,  SOLD...beheaded...and FORCED to breed with blacks.  I want reparations.

What these TURD WORLD people did back then is disgusting.  SO..why, bring up ONLY ONE SIDED STORY'S?  White Christians were, "colonized, traumatized, persecuted, tortured, ETC.:  WHATEVER THEIR LIST WAS.  SAME.

Offline mountaineer

the mural does not represent SFUSD values
Interesting. I've read biographies of George Washington and honestly can say that I wouldn't want to have anything to do with anyone who is offended by his values.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LegalAmerican

"The group claims the mural “glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, manifest destiny, white supremacy, oppression, etc.,” the Richmond District Blog recently reported."=ICHIGO

You can bet, they did the same thing to others, and these words are being used per some, LA RAZA, NEW BLACK PANTHER...ATTORNEY!   MUSLIMS...to this day believe in SLAVERY!  Mexicans, and their HUMAN SLAVE TRAFFICKING. TODAY...DAILY! Both use children in their sex slave business...to day.  Both pedophiles.  BLACK/BROWN OPPRESSORS.

Are they kidding, we the people, again?  AFFIRMATIVE ACTION.  WHO IS SUPREME?  Jessy Smolutte. Islamists protected over Americans.  Anyone buying this hocous pocous. ?  LIES?   

Offline LegalAmerican

I just saw this, in MR.CLOSE  comment from Wash. POO......ALL I CAN SAY IS....LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

ANYONE WHO KNOWS REAL HISTORY ABOUT NATIVE AMERICA'S & BLACKS KNOWS THIS IS BOUGUS! SO..THEY ARE BOTH

AFRAID OF WHAT THEY DID..FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS..BEFORE AMERICA?   1936 MURAL?  ERASING OUR AMERICAN HISTORY!

-------------
Officials say some the artist’s historical depictions are offensive to Native Americans and blacks.= WASH POO

Offline goatprairie

"The group claims the mural “glorifies slavery, genocide, colonization, manifest destiny, white supremacy, oppression, etc.,” the Richmond District Blog recently reported."

Ok, will that mean the name of the Nation's Capital "Washington DC" will be just called "District of Columbia"...and all of the towns and cities that use the name "Washington" be changed?

Man, that's going to take a long time if that ever happens. Lol
"Ok, will that mean the name of the Nation's Capital "Washington DC" will be just called "District of Columbia".

Think again.   :nono:  What does Columbia stand for? That evil Christopher Columbus.
Both Washington and Columbus will be verboten.
Marion Barry City will probably be the new name inside the District Of Obama.

The new national motto:  " In Obama We Trust"  alternate title  "the bitch set me up"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 10:29:18 pm by goatprairie »

Offline berdie

Funny how they never get triggered with a pocket stuffed full of those greenback's.

:thumbsup:

Offline aligncare

Artistic interpretations can depict the beauty but also the ugliness of the human journey. It may sometimes be difficult to view some scenes when they confront us with their truths. Depictions of Christ’s mistreatments by Roman soldiers are a horrible reminder of history, but no one should ever suggest we lock these works away from view.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ed James wrote:
"Seems that the "Long March" is quickening its pace..."

Indeed it is.

And there's only going to be one way by which to reverse the damage.

That is... to march into these cities and states with troops, remove those in charge (including elected officials), implement a military government (temporarily), and institute a post-Civil-War style of "reconstruction" to dismantle the leftist/communist governments/institutions they have built and REPLACE them with traditionally-oriented dogma and governance.

Now... will someone here step forward and explain to me how there can be any OTHER way that [what we consider to be] "normalcy" will ever be restored to such places...?

Offline verga

In my city the SJW's convinced the local school board to Change the name of Robert E. Lee high school to "City High".
They held a vote on it and 88% of the residents voted to KEEP the Name.
Now they want to change the name of Lee-Jackson Highway.
My response: Fine then we close down the Woodrow Wilson Museum, and change the name of W. Wilson high school as well. He is the one that showed "Birth of a Nation" The pro-Klan movie, and re-segregated the military. I think we should also demolish the Washington Monument, and the Jefferson memorial. While we are at it lets take out Mount Rushmore.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Ed James wrote:
"Seems that the "Long March" is quickening its pace..."

Indeed it is.

And there's only going to be one way by which to reverse the damage.

That is... to march into these cities and states with troops, remove those in charge (including elected officials), implement a military government (temporarily), and institute a post-Civil-War style of "reconstruction" to dismantle the leftist/communist governments/institutions they have built and REPLACE them with traditionally-oriented dogma and governance.

Now... will someone here step forward and explain to me how there can be any OTHER way that [what we consider to be] "normalcy" will ever be restored to such places...?

Sadly, you may be correct.