Author Topic: Call to boycott Netflix when the Obama series start to air  (Read 5687 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: Call to boycott Netflix when the Obama series start to air
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2019, 03:44:41 pm »
It's been a bait and switch scenario with cable tv ever since its inception.
The promise was with cable tv you will get all the channels/programs you want to watch. For instance, I would get the History Channel,  Arts and Entertainment, The Discovery Channel, The Learning Channel, The Travel Channel, etc.
All sorts of channels loaded with programs tailored to my interests.
WRONG!!!   Sometimes those channels have programming I'm interested in, but often not. The programs I used like such as The Mythbusters, Ice Road Truckers, Gold Rush, Pawn Stars, and a few others have run out of steam, run their course. Can't watch them anymore. How many times can you watch fishermen hauling crabs/tuna on the boat?
Often looking at the upcoming programs on those channels feature numerous shows about eating, aliens, the paranormal, weddings, just about everything I'm not interested in but was promised when I paid for them.
The reason is cable tv programming is also based on ratings geared to the lowest common denominator.
If I tune in the the Travel Channel believing I'm going to get numerous programs about other countries, I'm usually looking at a program about how much food some idiot can stuff down his throat.
There are interesting shows here and there on cable, but for the most part I have to scan a lot of channels to find something.
And although the wife and I also get premium movie channels, most of the movies made today are awful.
While looking at the ads for many movies we laugh at  how many of them feature the supernatural, mutants, zombies, transformers, or some p.c. anti-American crap.
And of course my wife likes different programs than I do.  She hates old movies which I love to watch.
Like Newton Minnow said in the early sixties when there was fraction of the programming that's here today, tv is still "a vast wasteland."
I'm done ranting. Time to go outside and shake my fist at some clouds. 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2019, 04:13:10 pm »
My monthly FIOS charges with all the bullshit fees and taxes come to about $230.

Supposedly, I have the fastest internet connection known to man, even though not a gamer.  Just want it when I want it.

This provides every premium channel, except HBO.

Recently, I've noticed that NETFLIX' closed captions are totally out of sync.  Especially on 'foreign' films.  Totally worthless.
Furthermore, it takes entirely too long for your selection to begin.   We're talking 2-3 minutes of churning.

IMO, the Obamas are behind this purge of males in hero/starring roles in both movies and commercials.

The other day, I watched a Caddy SUV spot where this hot 30's woman leaves her mountain retreat and gets buzzed by a military jet on the flats.

Out of the jet cockpit pops her 'partner', another drop-dead gorgeous woman.

SMH...... **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2019, 04:44:55 pm »
...Recently, I've noticed that NETFLIX' closed captions are totally out of sync.  Especially on 'foreign' films.  Totally worthless...

Amazon Prime's closed captions get wonky too.  Not long ago, I was binge watching The Sopranos on Prime.  The captions would get stuck  (for example, "Yo, Tony") and stay there for a few minutes, then at a rapid pace, the captions would try to "catch up" to the later dialog.  As someone with bad hearing, I rely on those captions, but when the captions go Ka-flooey, you're right --they are totally worthless.