Author Topic: Call to boycott Netflix when the Obama series start to air  (Read 5729 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I just contacted Netflix customer service and told them I would be cancelling my Netflix account the same day they start airing the under the table payoffs to the Obamas that are posing as shows they actually have something to do with. I am not sure either one is capable of reading an thriller written for adults and understanding what is going on,never mind have any influence of the writing of tv series.

I am NOT recommending any of you use my words or anyone else's words in your emails,though. Use your own reasons and word them to suit yourself.

The Netflix directors may be doing a favor for someone in exchange for broadcasting favors in return,but if they see their subscription list suddenly get smaller the same day the Obama payoff starts occurring,it just might encourage them to drop the Obombers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Call to boycott Netflix when the Obama series start to air
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 11:26:47 pm »
PLEASE feel free to direct friends to this thread and to ask them to take part in the Netflix/Obama boycott.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 12:15:26 am »
I was about to cancel Netflix anyway. I’m withdrawing my business from any company associated with the Obamas. I don’t like their politics.

Other reasons I’m leaving, they upped the monthly by two bucks, they have squat in the categories of classic sitcoms, classic films, including Westerns, and Netflix original offerings push a globalist agenda.

Can anyone recommend an alternative streaming service?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 12:26:40 am »
Been boycotting them and see no reason to stop.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ichigo

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 12:51:13 am »
I don't have to worry...I cancelled my Netflix a year ago. So, I will not be watching the Obama "movie" or series.
My heart will not be able to take it, anyways. Lol
´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ I c h i g o

"We long for fairy-tales in a world full of nightmares."

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 01:08:50 am »
I was about to cancel Netflix anyway. I’m withdrawing my business from any company associated with the Obamas. I don’t like their politics.

Other reasons I’m leaving, they upped the monthly by two bucks, they have squat in the categories of classic sitcoms, classic films, including Westerns, and Netflix original offerings push a globalist agenda.

Can anyone recommend an alternative streaming service?

@aligncare

Well,yes,and no.  I recommend you  buy a ROKU streaming player $39.95 
https://www.roku.com/products/roku-premiere
. I have an older model in my house and another older model in my workshop,and they allow me to stream thousands of tv channels for free,and some for pay. You no longer need that big sat dish with a ROKU player. No monthly fees from ROKU,either. If you do decide to subscribe to Netscape,Hulu,Amazon,etc,etc,etc,you pay a small monthly fee through ROKU,and they pass the money on. I like that because it reduces the number of people who have my bank routing info.

Truth time. Yes,you WILL be able to stream literally thousands of tv channels for free. Unfortunately,most of them you wouldn't be willing to watch if someone was pointing a gun at you. There are channels for EVERYTHING. If you like to knit,there is a knitting channel. If you have trouble sleeping,there are public service channels that allow you to watch town meetings in small towns in Iowa.

On the other hand,if you like war movies,there are whole channels dedicated to showing nothing but war movies. Same with murder mysteries,science fiction,romance,etc,etc,etc. As long as you stay away from the biggies like Showtime,Netscape,etc,etc,etc,there is no charge.

I also bought a RCA (made in America!) high definition tv channel from Amazon for around 46 bucks,delivered. Weighs about 4 lbs and is very small. It is rated to pull in channels from as far as 45 miles away,and the closest broadcast station to me is about 55 miles away. I put mine about 12 feet in the air,and I am pulling in 43 channels. ALL are free. These include CBS,ABC,NBC,and PBS,plus small channels that are dedicated to 50's,60's,or 70's broadcast tv shows. Most are in black and white. If you missed The Twilight Zone or Alfred Hitchcock Presents,now you can watch them all. Also Gunsmoke,Hondo,I Hate Lucy,The Honeymooners (gag,puke,slash my wrists) etc,etc,etc. You will also get advertising. Deal with it.

Guess what? They have now upped the reception range on their antenna to 150 miles,and dropped the price 10 bucks!

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Compact-Outdoor-Antenna-ANT751E/dp/B0024R4B5C/ref=sr_1_4?crid=63CYR96I5CS4&keywords=rca+antenna+tv+digital+hd&qid=1556759161&s=gateway&sprefix=rca+an%2Caps%2C868&sr=8-4

Ok,now the bad news. You are going to have to buy a HD digital recorder with TIVO. Expect to pay around 300 bucks for a good one. This will also give you the rewind feature for live broadcasts. It is a one time deal and only necessary if you want to record programming. I cant recommend one because the ones I  have are no longer being made,and I know nothing about the quality of the ones selling now.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 01:16:50 am by sneakypete »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 01:10:05 am »
I don't have to worry...I cancelled my Netflix a year ago. So, I will not be watching the Obama "movie" or series.

@Ichigo

Ok,so do nothing to try to stop the Obamas from collection that graft money.

Offline Ichigo

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 01:12:14 am »
@sneakypete ...well, like I said...I cancelled my Netflix, so it wasn't that I knew there was going to be an Obama series. I switched to Hulu.
´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ I c h i g o

"We long for fairy-tales in a world full of nightmares."

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 01:14:15 am »
@Ichigo

Ok,so do nothing to try to stop the Obamas from collection that graft money.

OR........,you could spend 12 bucks and resubscribe for 1 month,binge watch stuff like Game of Thrones,Homeland,Billions,Better Call Saul,The Walking Dead,Vikings,or Highlander,and then at the end of the month cancel and tell them it is because of their Obama connection.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 01:14:21 am »
I was thinking about looking into Netflix when I heard about Zero's big payday for his propaganda. I will never subscribe now.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 01:18:21 am »
I was thinking about looking into Netflix when I heard about Zero's big payday for his propaganda. I will never subscribe now.

@austingirl

Not even for 1 or 2 months,so you can have the joy of sticking it to the Obamas by cancelling and telling Netflix that is why?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 01:19:38 am »
@austingirl

Not even for 1 or 2 months,so you can have the joy of sticking it to the Obamas by cancelling and telling Netflix that is why?

@sneakypete

Nope, but I can let them know that's why I won't subscribe.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 01:21:35 am »
@sneakypete

Nope, but I can let them know that's why I won't subscribe.

@austingirl

If there has ever been a hollow threat,there it is. It will have no impact at all on them because their income flow next month will show no loss.

It's all about the Benjamin's. Has always been about them,will always be about them.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 11:03:00 am »
Well, Pete, I'm going to be the contrarian here and continue with my Netflix subscription.  I did rid myself of an overpriced subscription that would have allowed me to stream on 4 devices at once in favor of a cheaper plan that would allow me to stream on one device.  Why would I need to be able to play on four devices when there is only one of me? 

But  while Netflix's original series are trash, I d like that they still have some older shows that I can watch.  These days I don't watch the current karp from the networks or the streaming services.  I like the classics from back in the day when you didn't get politics with your entertainment and comedies were actually funny.

Having said that, I find I'm using Amazon Prime Video now more than Netflix simply because it seems Prime has more to offer than Netflix.  But when Netflix bores me completely and doesn't have what I want, you can be sure I'll drop it like a hot potato and stick with Prime.

I do wish you and other boycott participants success in your boycott.  When the bottom line is adversely affected, maybe Netflix will realize their mistake and send the Obamas packing. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 11:29:11 am »
Well, Pete, I'm going to be the contrarian here and continue with my Netflix subscription.  I did rid myself of an overpriced subscription that would have allowed me to stream on 4 devices at once in favor of a cheaper plan that would allow me to stream on one device.  Why would I need to be able to play on four devices when there is only one of me? 

But  while Netflix's original series are trash, I d like that they still have some older shows that I can watch.  These days I don't watch the current karp from the networks or the streaming services.  I like the classics from back in the day when you didn't get politics with your entertainment and comedies were actually funny.

Having said that, I find I'm using Amazon Prime Video now more than Netflix simply because it seems Prime has more to offer than Netflix.  But when Netflix bores me completely and doesn't have what I want, you can be sure I'll drop it like a hot potato and stick with Prime.

I do wish you and other boycott participants success in your boycott.  When the bottom line is adversely affected, maybe Netflix will realize their mistake and send the Obamas packing.
Me too. I tried NetFlix and did not like it. Canceled right away. Then I went to Hulu, until I used it up and watch everything there which interests me. So I canceled. Have been with Prime since then.

Like you said, the selections are vast. Just finished watching FarScape. And I enjoyed it very much. Now I'm watching the original Outer Limits in Black and White. There seems to always be something interesting on Prime. Also, I have ROKU and so never run out of something good on television.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 11:39:52 am »
Last month I contacted Netflix to complain about the cost going up. Turns out since I only watch it on my iPad, I’ve been overpaying and they bumped me down to $7.99 a month.

Pays to have a TV from the 80s that’s so obsolete by today’s standards because it’s not smart or streams, I guess.

I do also watch amazon prime on same iPad.

As for the Obama film, I will wait until it comes out. They are dropping a show I’ve waited over a year for next week. No way in heck will I miss this binge watch.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 11:41:17 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 12:47:43 pm »

Like you said, the selections are vast. Just finished watching FarScape. And I enjoyed it very much. Now I'm watching the original Outer Limits in Black and White. There seems to always be something interesting on Prime. Also, I have ROKU and so never run out of something good on television.

@240B

I watched all the Outer Limits,Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and The Twilight Zone a couple of years ago. Pulled them in on my HD antenna for free. Watching Boston Legal now. Missed most of them when they were new,and then they just went away until I found them again on the HD antenna. Same thing with Bones,Major Crimes,and shows being broadcast over the air new today.

I have no idea how this is possible,but I can now even pull in some streaming channels on my antenna. Stuff like You Tube,VUDU,Pandora,and Sling.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 12:50:50 pm »

Pays to have a TV from the 80s that’s so obsolete by today’s standards because it’s not smart or streams, I guess.

@Freya

No,it doesn't.  I get all those shows and more from either my Wi-Fi or my HD antenna,and I have a plasma tv. I even made a detailed post to you about what you needed to do the same.

AND......,I get to watch them on my 58 inch plasma tv instead of an I-Pad.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 12:52:26 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 01:04:58 pm »
Thank you @sneakypete

I knew there was a reason I put you down as a friend.  :da man: :kisses2:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 02:00:38 pm »
With most of the other networks likely to pull their programming over the next couple years to try CBS's model (you have to buy it from us separately), it will likely be worth it in the end.

I'm not optimistic about Netflix's business model long-term.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 02:24:38 pm »
Last month I contacted Netflix to complain about the cost going up. Turns out since I only watch it on my iPad, I’ve been overpaying and they bumped me down to $7.99 a month.

@Freya

I believe at one time there was only one subscription for Netflix.  They didn't have different plans and prices.  If I remember right, when I started with Netflix, t was $9.9t5 a month, then it was $11.95 a month and now it's $13 something.  Anyway, Netflix now offers different plans based on the number of devices streaming at on time, and my former subscription now covers 4 devices.  What does one person using one device need with that?  So I opted for the cheapest, one device plan.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 02:32:26 pm »
@240B

I watched all the Outer Limits,Alfred Hitchcock Presents, and The Twilight Zone a couple of years ago. Pulled them in on my HD antenna for free. Watching Boston Legal now. Missed most of them when they were new,and then they just went away until I found them again on the HD antenna. Same thing with Bones,Major Crimes,and shows being broadcast over the air new today.

I have no idea how this is possible,but I can now even pull in some streaming channels on my antenna. Stuff like You Tube,VUDU,Pandora,and Sling.

@sneakypete

Where I live, the local network affiliates are tied into such channels as COZI TV, MeTV and Antenna TV.   These alternate channels run old comedies, westerns and such.   If you don't have cable, these alternate channels are usually found at the channel number for the affiliate plus a decimal point 1 or 2.  For example, my local ABC affiliate, which offers COZI TV, is found at Channel 4.  If I want to watch COZI TV, I can find it at Channel 4.2.   

Is this what you have?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 04:45:58 pm »
@sneakypete

Where I live, the local network affiliates are tied into such channels as COZI TV, MeTV and Antenna TV.   These alternate channels run old comedies, westerns and such.   If you don't have cable, these alternate channels are usually found at the channel number for the affiliate plus a decimal point 1 or 2.  For example, my local ABC affiliate, which offers COZI TV, is found at Channel 4.  If I want to watch COZI TV, I can find it at Channel 4.2.   

Is this what you have?

@Applewood

Yup! Seems like all my broadcast channels,including PBS,go up to .4,though.

Plus streaming channels like You Tube and Hulu. Don't ask me how I can pull in streaming channels from an antenna,but it works. All the air broadcast channels are free and so are 99 percent of the streaming channels I get on Wi-Fi.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:48:00 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »
@sneakypete

Is this what you have?

Does anyone recall the line from Pink Floyd “I got thirteen channels of s**t on the TV to choose from?”

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2019, 02:16:16 pm »
Does anyone recall the line from Pink Floyd “I got thirteen channels of s**t on the TV to choose from?”

@Freya

That's nothing. I literally have thousands.

I also have too many channels showing interesting stuff to have the time to even watch a fraction of it. I am now to the point where I am deleting my bookmarks to "good" shows because I just don't have the time to watch them. Too much excellent stuff on to waste time watching the merely "good".