Author Topic: Pro golfer Lexi Thompson quitting social media after backlash for golfing with Trump  (Read 1195 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pro golfer Lexi Thompson quitting social media after backlash for golfing with Trump
by John Gage
 | May 01, 2019 12:55 PM

LPGA golfer Lexi Thompson announced last weekend she is taking a break from social media after catching flak for golfing with President Trump.

“Hey everybody, just want to say I will be taking a break from social media. If I post it will be from my management team for me. I’m too involved with it, and to read some of the hurtful things being said to me lately isn’t fair and I’m not dealing with it,” Thompson said on a caption to a selfie she posted on Instagram.

“Thank you to my true fans out there. I will be back on but I’m going to be focusing on me right now and my life. Thanks for understanding,” Thompson said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/pro-golfer-lexi-thompson-quitting-social-media-after-backlash-for-golfing-with-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I guess if you are a public person whose career and income are at least partially dependent on the public it makes sense to do the social media thing,but I sure as hell can't figure out why anyone else over 18 does it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

The question is whether all these he-man wimmen haters will also go after Eldrick Woods for having a relationship with Trump.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

The question is whether all these he-man wimmen haters will also go after Eldrick Woods for having a relationship with Trump.

Considering we're talking about the LPGA its more likely the critics were she-man man haters.

Offline mountaineer

Considering we're talking about the LPGA its more likely the critics were she-man man haters.
You must not pay very much attention to the LPGA. It's not like the old days (or the old stereotypes).

Offline skeeter

You must not pay very much attention to the LPGA. It's not like the old days (or the old stereotypes).

I don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a goodly number of he-wimmen taking interest enough in it to fling twitter invective at female pro golfer for associating with Trump.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 06:55:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lexi Thompson.

For distance I'd hit Lexi like a TaylorMade M1 on a Titleist Pro V1 ball.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I don't know who might take interest in the LPGA, but am quite certain that there are very few "he-wimmen" competing these days.  There are a few - very few - but not like the old stereotype.

Offline skeeter

I don't know who might take interest in the LPGA, but am quite certain that there are very few "he-wimmen" competing these days.  There are a few - very few - but not like the old stereotype.

I'll take your word for that.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I'm looking at you... You wore green so you could hide. I don't blame you - you're a tramp! Ooh! That was right where you wanted it! Ooh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman you know that? You're a little monkey woman... You're lean and you're mean and you're not too far between either I bet, are ya? Would you like to wrap your spikes around my head?

Offline skeeter

Hello, Carl?

Offline Wingnut

Offline mountaineer

I don't think she's worried 'bout you fellows.

Offline skeeter

IT'S IN THE HOLE.

You fuzzy little foreigner.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I guess if you are a public person whose career and income are at least partially dependent on the public it makes sense to do the social media thing,but I sure as hell can't figure out why anyone else over 18 does it.
Very little, to keep in contact with some of the grandkids. The name I use is not my given name and different from my handle here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Very little, to keep in contact with some of the grandkids. The name I use is not my given name and different from my handle here.
While the wife gets on FB to check on the grandkids, I mostly stay off it even though I'm  a member.
I have a bro-in-law, a friend, and a few other people who are rabid liberals and do nothing but post anti-Trump/anti-Republican stuff all the time.
I don't need that grief. Arguing with friends/family members only raises the blood pressure.
I do get on a CBS news website in a major liberal city in my state that allows comments. Many large city websites do not allow comments below articles/stories.
 I like to get on and irritate liberals. It's fun winding them up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:37:55 pm by goatprairie »

Offline dfwgator