Author Topic: The Obamas and Netflix just announced the series and films they're working on  (Read 1118 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.wivb.com/news/national/the-obamas-and-netflix-just-announced-the-series-and-films-they-re-working-on/1967342434

The list:
  • American Factory
    Documentary: Chinese billionaire comes to a Rust Belt town and reopens a factory
  • Bloom
    Film: a post-WWII film about "barriers faced by women and by people of color"
  • Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom
    Biopic
  • Overlooked
    "stories of remarkable people" – including many women and minorities – whose accomplishments and lives did not get the recognition they deserved in their own time. From the New York Times obituary column of the same name.
  • Listen to Your Vegetables and Eat Your Parents
    Food-related series targeted at preschoolers
  • Fifth Risk
    Series: Adaptation of Michael Lewis's (hit piece) book on Trump
  • Crip Camp
    Documentary about a summer camp for disabled youth that "set in motion the disability rights movement."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline goatprairie

The wife and I don't get Netflix, and this projected crap from the Obamas does not create an incentive for us to subscribe.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The wife and I don't get Netflix, and this projected crap from the Obamas does not create an incentive for us to subscribe.

@goatprairie

I get Netflix now,but won't be getting it anymore once this black racism crap starts.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Listen to Your Vegetables and Eat Your Parents
They aren't joking.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just got notice they are raising my plan to $12.99.   It may be time to dump those chumps.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

... In a press release, Former President Barack Obama described the mission of their fledgling media empire. Obama claimed, “We created Higher Ground to harness the power of storytelling. That's why we couldn't be more excited about these projects.” He added, “Touching on issues of race and class, democracy and civil rights, and much more, we believe each of these productions won't just entertain, but will educate, connect, and inspire us all.”   ...

While we certainly can never get enough of that special Obama flavor, that amount of content should at least be enough to tide us over until Michelle gets into office. If you didn’t have Netflix before, this should convince you to grab a subscription. (As if.)
More at Newsbusters

Online rustynail

Is 'Leroy don't eat no chicken' out yet?

Online mountaineer

Time for a remake, and Barry O is just the executive producer for the job.

Online mountaineer

UPDATE
Is there a Barack Obama-Steven Spielberg collaboration coming?
By Mara Siegler
June 4, 2019

Former President Barack Obama was meeting with Steven Spielberg on Monday night, sources exclusively told Page Six, months after Obama’s production company with wife, Michelle, unveiled a slate of films with Netflix.   ...

The Obamas have seven planned Netflix projects via their Higher Ground Productions, including an adaptation of David W. Blight’s 2018 Pulitzer Prize-winning book, “Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom,” as well as a series called “Bloom,” set in the fashion world of New York after WWII.

In 2015, it was reported that Spielberg — whom Obama awarded a Medal of Freedom the same year — was helping the ex-pol create a “narrative” for post-presidential life.  ...
Full story at NY Post

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Speaking of Netflix... here's another little project their working on.

Yes, that's turning little boys into drag queens.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Speaking of Netflix... here's another little project their working on.

Yes, that's turning little boys into drag queens.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@jmyrlefuller

I got news for you. Nobody can turn a little boy into a drag queen if there ain't already a drag queen living in him.

Online rustynail

"Yes, that's turning little boys into drag queens."

Who pays for the makeup and costumes?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I got news for you. Nobody can turn a little boy into a drag queen if there ain't already a drag queen living in him.
The idea that children cannot be manipulated is exactly what teachers' unions count on. Then they manipulate the children anyway. How else do you explain modern society?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The idea that children cannot be manipulated is exactly what teachers' unions count on. Then they manipulate the children anyway. How else do you explain modern society?

@jmyrlefuller

You are saying that if you had been "manipulated" when you were a child you would be wearing heels and a mini-skirt today. I'm sorry to hear that. I was lucky enough to have been born 100 percent heterosexual,and there is nothing that could have caused me to grow up light in the loafers.